Posting graphics?

Started by TomG, January 20, 2006, 05:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomG

Can anyone tell me how to post Excel generated graphs?

Thanks-Tom-

IKnowWood

Two ideas.

First is to Try to Print as a PDF then load the PDF as an image.

If that does not work.  Copy the object and go to Powerpoint and place it in the page.  Then save that as a graphic.

Or copy and open a Image edit software, like Photoshop, IPhoto, phg edit.  Paste as picture then save as picture.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

TomG

IKW, I've just about tried it all.  The only thing that works, and it's mediocre at best, is taking digital photos of the Excel hard copies, converting to jpeg and uploading to Photobucket.  I even tried scanning the printouts and converting to jpeg. When I attempted to edit those files with Photoshop I errored out with too little scratch disc even though the files were listed at only 145K.  Is there a specific program for posting graphics on a Forum that doesn't accept attachments?

Thanks-Tom-

IKnowWood

Tom, I am then going to assume you are on a PC, especially with this problem.  Hopefully with 2000 or XP at least.

If working with Excell you cannot export or do a select + copy, then into app "Paste Special" -> "as image"  then try the following.

Attempt a screen capture. if you do not have a favorite capture s/w, then go to a shareware site you are ok with.  there is twocows that is not bad, as well as topsharewa

Dowload one of the best rated shareware.  Cappy Screen Capture or snagit or the like is worth the try.  Have photoshop or your favorite graphic editor open and capture the screen, save it as a pic or giff or jpg, the open it in the tool.  Crop out the parts of the screen you do not want.  Save and compress, make sure in this process to adjust the size to create a logic and acceptable image view size.

If this don't work.  I don't know anything else.

IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Chez Bubba

Have you tried Ctrl>Print Screen? Quality is usually bad, but it should work.

There is also a good download on the board of //www.mrexcel.com that makes great shots. While you're there, get the download for ASAP Utilities, it rocks!

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

TomG

Thanks guys.  For this posting I'm going to wimp out and take a picture of the damn thing.