Oh How I Love Ramen Noodles....

Started by SnellySmokesEm, December 09, 2011, 09:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnellySmokesEm

This has to be on of the most universal foods.....  Today I made Ramen noodles with shrimp, broccoli and carrots with a side of egg rolls.  OH YEAH!

(sorry for the fork, I'm fresh out of choppers...)

Whats your best Top Ramen recipe?
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

La Quinta

I never knew how stupid I was about ramen until I read an article about how they make the noodles and how it is almost a cuisine unto itself...I think we always associate it with the 10 for a buck packets of dried noodles with a very salty addition of the packet...far from it...

Habanero Smoker

SnellySmokesEm;
Your ramen looks good.

Quote from: La Quinta on December 09, 2011, 11:45:13 PM
I never knew how stupid I was about ramen until I read an article about how they make the noodles and how it is almost a cuisine unto itself...I think we always associate it with the 10 for a buck packets of dried noodles with a very salty addition of the packet...far from it...

I also love ramen, and the 10 for a buck is a great deal. Because I have to watch my sodium, the first thing I do is throw away those packets and add my own seasonings and ingredients. I once saw a book for college dorm students, on how to use your own flavors for ramen. I tried to find it again for another member, but was not successful.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

La Quinta

I agree Habs...I have a case of the crappy ramen with the packets in my earthquake box...just for the noodles...throw the packets away...plus the dogs like the noodles...good disaster food...and of course plenty of water to cook them...if our spice cabinet were to still exist...I would spice them myself!!!  : :D

Habanero Smoker

I use the packages, and cook the ramen pretty much the same way as Snelly.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

SnellySmokesEm

I saw an article online that was written towards college students.  It even had breakfast ideas...  Its crazy all the stuff that can be made from them.

http://www.rasmussen.edu/student-life/blogs/college-life/ramen-noodle-recipes/
BBQ Evangelist

Keymaster

I bet you could smoke them noodles when their still in Brick form ;D Or maybe not :-X

SnellySmokesEm

Today's breakfast:  Ramen Noodle with Ham, Egg and Cheese

Doesnt look pretty, but it was pretty darn good.  May need some tweaking though..

BBQ Evangelist

Ka Honu

Lucky me.  I don't have to buy those packets.  When I get the hungries for noodles I just decide what kind I want and go to the local noodle shop that specializes in that type and have a batch of freshly made.  It seems that every other restaurant in Hawaii serves some form of Japanese or Chinese noodles (and the rest have Thai or Vietnamese).

Quarlow

I also love Ramen. I sometimes just put a spoon full of cheese whiz in it. But most of the time I clean the fridge out of leftovers and see what will be good in it. I had some baked salmon the other day and added some green onions and red peppers. But the skys the limit for me.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

SnellySmokesEm

Quote from: Ka Honu on December 10, 2011, 07:30:33 AM
Lucky me.  I don't have to buy those packets.  When I get the hungries for noodles I just decide what kind I want and go to the local noodle shop that specializes in that type and have a batch of freshly made.  It seems that every other restaurant in Hawaii serves some form of Japanese or Chinese noodles (and the rest have Thai or Vietnamese).

I cant wait to get to Hawaii just to have some Poke....  oh and of course SPAM!
BBQ Evangelist

Quarlow

Eeeeeww SPAM, gak Why would anyone go to Hawaii and with all the good culinary pleasures known to the islands want to eat SPAM. That stuff should be kept in the bunker so that when the big one comes you have something to throw at the enemy. lol
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ghost9mm

I know for a fact that my sons lived on ramen noodles while in college and I now have two granddaughters in college eating lots on them noodles and eat them sometimes three time a day...lol and yes on a cold day they go well with just about anything...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

OU812

We buy Ramen Noodles by the case,,,,,,,,,I love em with gun powder on them.

Taby takes bunches back to colage with her and cooks them, drains off the water then adds the seasonings,,,,,,wonder were she got that from.  ::)

Habanero Smoker

Wow!! Thanks for that link.

Before Rachel Ray became well known, she use to do a weekly segment on the local news. That was the first time I ever saw someone use ramen noodles without the packet.

I
         don't
                   inhale.