Timing out and double posting

Started by iceman, January 20, 2006, 06:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

I'm still getting timed out on ever reply and now it automatically double posts when I back out of the forum. Does anyone have a hint to when this might get resolved. Kind of a pain in the bazoo to reply to anything.[V]

Oldman

Ya everyone knows about this problem... I wrote to Bradley and then his paid service person posted he would take care of it... well that has been some time now... just don't hit the "post" button twice.

Not sure what is going to happen.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

manxman

I emailed John Watkins yesterday, he is normally good to email back within a couple of days so hopefully there will be an update by early next week.

In the meantime he may get it sorted! I notice there is a link on the BS homepage to the forum (unless I only noticed it recently?) so it is in their own interests to get it sorted if Bradley themselves are pointing people in the direction of the forum.

Manxman.
Manxman

Oldman

Well Manxman I wrote to him a couple of day before your posting and nada....nothing.

If this gets fixed I will be as surprised as I'm pleased. It must be getting on other members nerves as well as I'm now receiving E-mails concerning smoking foods rather than seeing the questions posted.

Another problem is after it times out then all of the new postings are now marked on my end as read.... [V]

I'm not sure what more we can do. Either live with it or move on to another forum... too bad this forum does not respond like the <s><font color="red">CookShack</font id="red"> </s>forums.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

boxertrio

I have yet to get timed out on a post???  Why, you ask, I don't have any idea.  Is it a location thing, luck, or the blazing speed and technology of my HP Pavilion notebook [:D]

Glenn

White smoke good...Black smoke bad!!
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

IKnowWood

Its all timing, location, and activity of other members.  More activity, larger database image, more potential for time-out.

I am ont this AM on Sunday the 22nd.  Its betweek 7 and 8 AM and I posted a few times with NO time-out.  But once there is another member here or if I try to double post on different threads, I will time-out.  When sun get up more and others come in thats it Time out.

as day goes on other come in get frustrated or get to their own thing.  Then periods the other coast will have a period of OK posting.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

IKnowWood

new update.  Its Sunday night, almost 9 PM.

I have posted several times tonight and NONE of them had a timeout.
IKnowWood

Oldman

good

EDIT I almost timed out and it is almost midnight (12am)

Olds

nodak

Yes, It's terrible on my end too.[}:)]  I find editing my posts usually goes quickly through. Figure that out?  I have been leaving the forum open on my desktop in the evenings and weekends as I have been getting my taxes together and working in my home office, I will no longer do that so it may make it easier for people to not get timed out???  I'll find something else to look at to keep my sanity[:p] or just work on my taxes more[xx(].

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

nodak

Now that one went right through.[^] But I won't get used to it.[8]

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

Oldman

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Just timed out again and it is 2:15 am EST USA.... this chit is getting older than me!

There is no way anyone can tell me at this point in time that anyone of authority really gives a rat's ass care about this site.

It has gotten so bad on my end I have stopped replying to most postings... not sure what I will do yet but there is a good chance I will stop coming here.

If Bradley cannot or will not afford a decent posting board then he needs to get out of the business of one and turn it over to someone who does.

Olds

Bassman

Yes this is really frustrating, I time out every single time I try to post.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

IKnowWood

Yeah..

I am timing out again.  morning EST.  Its rediculous at this point....
IKnowWood

charlie

I have yet to time out. I emailed John Watkins too. It seems he has been out of town on business. Give a guy a break and some time to fix the problem.

nodak

I think they're getting the point.  Here is a copy of my e-mail and their prompt response I sent to [email protected]:

I wrote:
Please check-out the problems on your forum. These are very
frustrating and some are even talking about abandoning your
forum and joining the cookshack forum or others.  I believe
it would be in your best interest to resolve these ASAP and
post some info on the forum of what actions are being taken
to correct these problem and when they will be completed.
Read the following links:
http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2904
http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2922
http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2881
http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2837

Their Reply:
Thank you for your email. We are aware of the problems on the forum and do apologize for the inconvenience. The problem is currently being looked after. Please hang in there, it will be fixed shortly.
And for Pete's sake, don't go and do something silly like joining the
Cookshack Forum :)
Thanks again and Have a great day!
Katie Husband
Bradley Technologies Canada, Inc.
Tel 604.524.3848
Fax 604.524.3839
[email protected]