Schmidty and Gus' Road Trip to Nirvana

Started by GusRobin, February 04, 2012, 05:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

So after months of waiting for it to open, the Restaurant Depot in Nashville finally opened this week. I was going to go today by myself but at the last minute I got a call from Schmidty saying he was free to go.
So I head to his house,and we load up the car with coolers.
Schmidty on the left, Gus on the right

So off we go, more excited than the Griswolds on their way to Wallyworld.
Schmidty with the cart ready to go.

Gus ready to go into the cooler where all the meat is stored. They even loan you an orange jacket to wear.

started out with some choice short ribs, and some babybacks. The roses are for Mrs Gus when I explain why we need to go and buy a new freezer.

So much meat, so little time.

Here are  some of the stuff on  sale.

At this point we forgot to take pictures as we were loading up the cart. We got some gator meat, scallops, ribs, short ribs, lobster ravioli, cod and laid out a lot of groundwork for the next trip. 
I know this is going to be our favorite store.I'll start looking for a freezer tomorrow and prepare for our next trip.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

squirtthecat

Love it!!!

I need to get back to RD for more turkey boulders...

devo

You guys are sooooo lucky, man can someone adopt me down there???? I just want to go shopping in one of those stores.

SouthernSmoked

Look like you guys done well.

Great price on the butts, $1.29.... I was over at the one in Cincinnati last weekend and they had them for $1.39.

SCORE!!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little