• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Major BS Here

Started by NePaSmoKer, February 15, 2012, 07:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

http://news.yahoo.com/nj-gov-strongly-defends-lowering-flags-houston-201942290.html

The flag should be half mast until all our military men and women come home.

Half mast for Houston...what a bunch of BS for a hollywood drug addict.

NePaSmoKer

mikecorn.1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

OU812

Half mass for a well known drug addict,,,,,,,,,, what a bunch of crap!

hal4uk

She was obviously troubled and I don't agree with lowering the flag, but she ain't without her redeeming qualities...

With America entangled in the Persian Gulf War, Houston performed "The Star Spangled Banner" at Super Bowl XXV at Tampa Stadium on January 27, 1991.[77] Due to overwhelming response to her rendition, it was released as a commercial single and video of her performance, and reached the Top 20 on the US Hot 100, making her the only act to turn the national anthem into a pop hit of that magnitude (Jose Feliciano's version reached No. 50 in November 1968).[78][79] Houston donated all her share of the proceeds to the American Red Cross Gulf Crisis Fund. As a result, the singer was named to the Red Cross Board of Governors.[77][80][81]
Her rendition was considered the benchmark for singers and critically acclaimed.[82] Rolling Stone commented that "her singing stirs such strong patriotism. Unforgettable", and the performance ranked No. 1 on the 25 most memorable music moments in NFL history list. VH1 listed the performance as one of the greatest moments that rocked TV.[83][84] Following the attacks on 9/11, it was released again by Arista Records, all profits going towards the firefighters and victims of the attacks. This time it peaked at No. 6 in the Hot 100 and was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America.[85]
Later in 1991, Houston put together her Welcome Home Heroes concert with HBO for the soldiers fighting in the Persian Gulf War and their families. The free concert took place at Naval Station Norfolk in Norfolk, Virginia in front of 3,500 servicemen and women. HBO descrambled the concert so that it was free for everyone to watch.[86] Houston's concert gave HBO its highest ratings ever.[87]

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

beefmann

while i do not agree  with the  half  staff flags for  Huston, i do agree with half staff flag for the  people  we lost on 9 11 and our  fighting  men and women we have lost over the  years  protecting this country. Why is it  that when actors, actresses, and artists  like Huston and Michael Jackson gets a lot of  media attention for days on  end and masses react to it. but when a military person dies in battle protecting this great  country  of ours, a few words are spoken and them buried??

viper125

Amen Brother! Actors  ,singers are totally wrong idea to give our youth. They have chance many don't have, The money to make themselves and others happy and have a great life! They make their choices.
On the other hand our service people make choices to risk their lives for every one else. But our government don't even see fit to welcome them home. Or help them with problems. Even heard a guy in a very high office asked why don't you (the government) do more to help the injured and sick vets returning from war. His answer...we never imagined this many injured would survive. No that is what our government is all about.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

NePaSmoKer

I just get so P-O when society holds Hollywood and Sports people in higher HONOR than the brave men and women in the military and police, firefighters, ems and well you know how long the list of heros can get.

Sorry spill my negativity on schmucks to you all.