smoke generator motor

Started by T-Dubbs, January 26, 2006, 01:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Dubbs

If anyone knows where I can get a new motor for my smoke generator-let me know-thanx!

iceman

Burden Sales Surplus Center Has a FYJ50-8 Syncro motor that is a hair thinner but works just fine. It's Part # 5-1564-A. RPM 6 120VAC 33.4 milli amps. 4 watts. 6.7 in-lb stall torque. I paid $ 3.99 US for them and thet mailed them for me instead of UPS or FED X. Last I checked they had about 80 in stock. Phone 1 800 488 3407

http://www.surpluscenter.com/aboutUs.asp?UID=2005111815261539&catname=

Big or small you can smoke'm all!!!

TY

T-Dubbs, here is a couple of helpful hints. I see your post went out 3 times. I  have had that happen to me too. It seems my posts fail as the post times out on the computer so I retry to send it, only to find the original went thru. So now I just figure it goes thru even if it times out. When I do accidentaly do a multiple post of the same message, I found you can delete the duplicates real easy. Just go the FAQ section of the forum and select the "can I edit my post" topic for directions on how to edit/delete a post. Just trying to be helpful with a problem I have had too.

Lower Colorado River, AZ, It's a dry heat! ECV-2.0-Platrix

iceman

If you're the author of the post you can also just hit the trash can icon at the top of your post and delete it. You can delete all your posts on a subject except the original post that someone has already replied to.

headgames

Just wondering there Iceman . I ordered those motors and not really plug and play......... first they sent me some sanyos so watch that they say FYJ50-8 on the motor with a white label .  if they send you the green label ones just call them their customer service people were AWSOME  sent me new motors same day and no charge .

Any way Ice man when I try and install those motors I have to file the shaft down first .  the diamter is right but the flat part is too thick , am I the only one with the issue ? if so I will make my metal drive arm hole bigger . but I hate to if its just my batch of motors .  also there is no true center hole in the shaft like the original its a open D shape opening for about a 1/8" then divided verticaly with the flat part of the D the horizon.  When I put my original screw in it goes to one side and before it snugs it cracks the shaft .   Let me know thanks

If ya go home hungry.........You were at the WRONG HOUSE !
If ya go home hungry ........ You were at the wrong House!!

headgames

DA ......... feeling like a  dumb arse now  looked at my motors again they now sent a TYJ50-8.  WILL CALL THEM AGAIN..... SORRY ICEMAN ..

Every thing must be the same except that shaft ...  later guys

If ya go home hungry.........You were at the WRONG HOUSE !
If ya go home hungry ........ You were at the wrong House!!

iceman

#*!!!XX##**!! this dang timing out lost my first reply and sent it to the ozone layer[:(!] Anyhow headgames hope this one works. Sorry to hear about the motor shipment getting messed up. I apologize for misleading you about the plug and play thing. Your right about the flat side of the shaft being to big. I didn't mess with the file or grinder. I just heated the end of the swing arm up with a propane torch and slid the thing on. After it cooled down I melted the remaining part of the shaft that was sticking up with a soldering iron back into the center of the shaft then filed it flush. I drilled a small pilot hole back in the center of the shaft and reinstalled the retaining screw. I think you could heat the swing arm up over a stove flame if a torch isn't available. Hope this clears things up my friend. Let me know how the shipment turns out because I just ordered another motor myself. I think most folks out there could handle this repair if the unit is out of warranty. Take care.[:D]