• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pucks won't advance auto or manual

Started by ragweed, February 17, 2012, 05:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragweed

Started cold smoking some deer sausage in my OBS this am.  Noticed the abscence of smoke after a while and took a look.  Two pucks had made it to the pan but the third had not and was nearly burned up.  I hit the manual advance and nothing happened.  Tried several times.  Nothing.  There is power to the unit.  And the pucks burn when moved to the burner.  Going to feed pucks by hand 'til the job is done then start digging.  Any ideas where to start?

Joe

mikecorn.1

Pucks not advancing

I found this in the FAQs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

ragweed

Thanks for the link!  But, I just checked to add another puck and caught the unit automatically advancing again.  I've been adding pucks manually for about three hours when it suddenly started working on its own.  Go figure.  Must be haunted.

Thanks again...Joe

mikecorn.1

Cool. At least its
Working now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Habanero Smoker

I'm not sure if this is a problem, and it sound like you generator is working fine; that is if I read your post correctly.

Two bisquettes are needed to advance the first bisquette to the burner. When the last bisquettes is feed through, two will remain on the drive guide. Many of us use 2 or 3 Bubba Pucks, aluminum discs to advance the last two bisquettes to the burner.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ragweed

Thanks for the response.  But to clarify, there were plenty of pucks.  The first two were pushed through, then the procession stopped with the third stranded on the burner and the fourth, fifth, sixth etc waiting in line.  This was way before the bubba pucks as I was planning a long cold smoke.  I had been positioning the pucks by hand for about three hours when the generator began advancing them again.  When I first noticed the problem, nothing happened when I pushed the advance button.  No motor noise, no nothing.  I'll tear it apart tomorrow and see if there's a loose connection.  But for now, everything is working.

Habanero Smoker

Good to hear that it started working; at least long enough to get you through the rest of the smoke.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)