What is this?

Started by Smokeater, January 26, 2006, 06:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokeater

I just recieved my Bradley Smoker via the UPS truck today.

I cannot believe how SMALL it is!!!! The pictures I saw on the internet sites looked a LOT bigger than what I got. WHAT GIVES?

I read somewhere on THIS SITE that I could smoke 35 to 40 POUNDS of meat in the smoker. A deer limb weighs maybe 1/3 that and there is NO WAY it would fit inside this thing much less 2 more. I also smoke back ribs which weigh about 3 pounds each. How in the hell do I put 10 plus racks in this thing????????????????????

This forum gave me the incentive to buy this unit over others I was looking at. Nice site & recipes but are you guys really happy with the small size of this unit? Do you buy more than one?

Maybe I will try it anyway. But will they accept a return on a used box?

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY DISAPPOINTED!

Somebody tell me I did not make a mistake in buying the bradley!!!!!!

owrstrich

eater...

i like the compact size of the bs... it really is the best size for me... like everything... what is good for me may not be good for others...

your capacity is definately limited to the size of the racks and you dont want anything to touch the sides of the bs...

anyway... 40lbs of meat... when i smoke i like to have it completely loaded and usually smoke between 30 and 40 pounds at once depending on the cuts... all are store bought cuts that fit the racks...

folks who smoke larger cuts use something else like an offset on a trailer...

if you dig the beast... you will dig the bradley...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

dont let the size fool you. i have done 40lbs of pork butt at one time  and 40lbs of pork belleys in the bradley

click on link to sign up for the 2006 free givaway. http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2809

Chez Bubba

Smoke,

You have realize the 40# comments are from guys (myself included) that have maxxed out the potential space-vs-meat cut to get proper smoking. Yes, I can get 40# of meat in there & have it smoke up wonderfully perfect. But it has to be sausages, chicken pieces, ribs (cut to fit the rack), fish --- flat stuff so you can double up the racks.

I only get 30-some pounds of butt in there at a time because of their size. You can only do about 1 20# turkey, again, because of its' size. A small goat would only weigh about 25#, but you wouldn't be able to cram it whole into the Bradley.

As far as the back ribs go, give our sausage rack a look. You can hang them vertically & maximize space.

Don't give up on the Bradley, it's a great unit & CONVENIENT. BTW, the new model coming out in February is bigger & holds 6 racks instead of 4. Do a search for "Shot Show" & you can see a picture.

Kirk

ps, I doubt they will accept a used box as a return.

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

iceman

Right on the money Kirk. Hope you try it Smokeater. You won't be dissapointed.By the way Chez did you get my e-mail about the mount plate for the smoke generator?

Oldman

Well Smokeater while the rest have tried to help I can only say the the size of the unit is on the net...it is on the bradley web site.

Personally I just laughed when I read your posting. An adult purchased an item with out finding out if the item will fulfill their needs.

Would it not have been better if you had just sent it back rather than come here trash talking about your decision to purchase the unit?  When the unit was delivered did not the box size give you a clue to the unit's size?

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

manxman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Well Smokeater while the rest have tried to help I can only say the the size of the unit is on the net...it is on the bradley web site.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I am afraid i am with Olds on this, the specs are clearly indicated for all to see on the Bradley website and available on the retailer sites and checking out the actual sizes (not a picture!) when doing a comparison is pretty basic.

As Chez said, the BS will take 30-40lb but it depends on the cut, several members do have two BS's because of their personnal need but there is plenty of information on the forum that gives a good indication as to maximum load.

It's "horses for courses", the BS may suite some but not others but it is up to the individual to make an informed choice.

That said Smokeater, welcome to the forum and I am sure everyone here will be more than willing to help you should you persevere with the BS and need any help.[:)]

Manxman.
Manxman

ChefBill

If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

Gordon

I have some swamp land in Florida that I have been trying to get rid of....and some ocean front in Arizona.....

By the way, I am from the government, and I am here to help.

Try some of this delicious yellow snow.

Here, hold my beer while I find a good smoker.

Gordo
Unskyled layber