what to do with my meat....

Started by chunkyluvr57, January 28, 2006, 12:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chunkyluvr57

Oh please help this newbie......I got this 5lb. cross rib roast given to me and I dont have a clue what to do......any takers?

smokey butt

Thunder Fish

BBQ it? ? ? ?  to much marbleing for jerky

MWS

This is what I have done with a cross rib roast...

Apply a good rub and then smoke with hickory @ 215F for 4 hours. Remove the roast from the smoker and place in a pan with 1 cup apple juice and 1/2 cup stout beer. Cover the pan with foil and place back into the Bradley (or oven) for 4 more hours @ 225F. Makes a great beef dip [:p]

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Muskwa

I've done very similar to what mws suggests and it works great. I've also made a marinade from equal parts soy sauce, worchestire sauce and dijon mustard to end up with about a cup of liquid. I inject 1/2 into the roast and brush the remainder on the outside. Wrap the entire roast in foil and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Overnight is even better. Unwrap the foil, smoke with hickory or whichever flavour you like for 3 hours. Rewrap with foils and finish in oven or BS until the internal temp hits the level of doneness you like.

Gook luck with whichever you go with. Post how it turns out.

Muskwa.

chunkyluvr57

well thanks for the help boyz.........it came out great, I marinated it overnight with some spices, olive oil, soy, and the worch, put her in the bradley at 225 for 4 hours and three hickory puks. And it roked, nice and pink in the middle, made me some of my mustard horseradish sauce on some kaisers....and the rest they say is history.

smokey butt

iceman

Chunky yer making me hungry. How do you make the mustard horseradish sauce? Sounds really good for a sandwhich.[:p]

chunkyluvr57

Ill tell ya pal.....all I did was take almost equal parts of a extra hot prepared horseradish and mixed with a nice dijon mustard, added some lemon juice, and brown sugar, then heated to dissolve the sugar. Put it in a squeeze bottle and let it sit in the fridge till I was good and drunk........I mean hungry then went nutz.

smokey butt