Newbie in DC

Started by Tov Mahal, February 25, 2012, 12:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tov Mahal

All, just wanted to introduce myself to the forum.   Planning on attempt number two at my first successful smoke.  Tried to smoke some game hens last weekend, but the smoke generator and the heating element decided to stop working about half way through.  Thanks to all the advice on the forum, it appears that I have fixed the problem, but by the time I got if fixed last weekend it was too late to try again,

The wife wanted me to smoke some corned beef, but I am wondering if I can just pull it our of the package and smoke it or whether I need to soak it to draw out some of the brine.  I will search the forum, but any advice you can give it would be appreciated.

Also, the Job is having a bake-off as a fundraiser for a local elementary school.  I was thinking of trying a smoked cheese cake or a smoked pecan pie?  Any suggestions or other Ideas for a good smoked "baked" good.

mikecorn.1

Welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

beefmann

Flyboyandre

Welcome to a lot of fun!

Salmonsmoker

Welcome Tov. A smoked Pecan Pie sounds delicious!
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

SiFumar

Welcome!  I'd smoke the pecans then make the pie.  Smoked pecans are sooooo good!  But then smoked cream cheese is also!