Converting Blanket Warmer to Smoker

Started by toxic0111, January 29, 2006, 05:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxic0111

I got a blanket warmer from a hospital and converted it with the Bradley smoke generator but the heating element that is in the warmer only produces about 150 degrees of heat, not enough to hot smoke or cook, my question is does anyone know where I can find the 500 watt heating element complete with the thermostat that is used in the BS's
Thanks
Toxic0111

Oldman

I know Chez sell the complete original Bradley heating element with holder and the rheostat that is used in the Bradley   http://www.chezbubba.com . You might want to call him first... his number is at the bottom of the link.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

toxic0111

Thanks Oldman, sent Chez an email so will wait and see what his reply is, greatly appreciated the link
toxic0111

Gman

Have u tried or thought about a heater used to heat your home a small space heater
Iused a 1500 watt heater and after taking it apart and installing it in the box i gat the best smoked meat ever. I have been busy all summer and hav'nt updated my pictures will try to do that this month
Lok at mine

Boybach

Hi Folks
More advice please
After completing my smoking project the inside of my cabinet is speckled with smoke tar et al. The aroma is absolutely fantastic but the inside of the cabinet obviously looks dirty. Do I wash and clean the insides down to pristine condition or do I leave it as is?. My thinking is the enclosed smell will help enhance future smokes, but am now worried that it could be unhealthy and unwise to leave it. As usual thanks in advance for your help ;)

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

I'm not sure how your post ended up here.

After each smoke I clean the door seal, "V" pan, built up grease or food matter that may be sticking to the sides, and of course the trays. If there are any flakes clinging to the sides I lightly brush them off with a wad of crumbled up newspaper or foil.

Periodically I will disassemble the vent, and open the generator cover and clean them.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wildcat

What Hab said.  Keep smoke for flavor, dispose of food, clean potential problem areas.  Germs (if present) will not survive on smoke residue when you fire it up again. ;)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/