• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ultimate compliment on a fatty

Started by SnellySmokesEm, February 27, 2012, 08:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnellySmokesEm

I know I know No Pics, Never happened....  >:(

I made a Fatty for a Daytona 500 rain delay party yesterday and never took any pics.  I'm not sure why, it wasnt like I didnt have the time, I just never did.  Last year I took one over there and it was a huge hit so it was a no-brainer this year when I was trying to figure out what to bring.  I wasnt even planning on posting but I thought I would share after I got a comment for my buddy's 80 year old grandmother.  She pulled me aside and said "this is the best meatloaf I have ever had"  I thought that was too cool.  :D  I did have to correct here on the proper term, after all it isnt meatloaf.  :P  I made sure she had some for leftovers today  ;)
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

dman4505

I hear ya Snelly
I was smoking a 2 1/2 lb. chuck roast, going to try for pulled beef, for the wife and I so I didn't take any pictures. A couple hours into the process we get a call from her brother that everyone was meeting at her cousins house so everyone can have one last get together before he leaves for Navy Boot Camp on Thursday. We said sure when is everyone going to be there he said around 4:30pm, so we said we'd be there. Put 3 hours Special Blend smoke on it, total cook time was 6 hours, IT of 170 when we FTC'd it for the 45 minute trip north. Wife chopped it up, added some BBQ sauce and into the oven for a bit. Her cousin threw some hotdogs on the grill for the kids.
There were 8 adults and 6 kids.
Long story short.... no leftovers and I've been asked to bring dinner for 4th of July

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

SnellySmokesEm

Sounds like they liked it Don.  I love it when friends start requesting food at "their" parties!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

rdevous

Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on March 01, 2012, 09:14:55 AM
Sounds like they liked it Don.  I love it when friends start requesting food at "their" parties!

..........and at your expense and time...... LOL

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

dman4505

Quote from: rdevous on March 01, 2012, 12:46:13 PM
Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on March 01, 2012, 09:14:55 AM

..........and at your expense and time...... LOL

Ray

Just means they get what I want to fix the way I want to fix it.
As long as they bring the sides and something to wash it down with I'm good.

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

rdevous

Don...you are right about something to wash it down with....especially if the word "Bushmills" is on the label....

Plan to kill some more brain cells at the St. Patrick's Day party at the K of C on the 17th!  Look out...the doors open at Noon and it's a Saturday!!!  No work the next day and there's a 5:30 PM Mass just up the street............ ::)

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!