Hab

Started by Oldman, March 04, 2012, 07:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

In the beginning we had a crew that tested each recipe before if was posted on the recipe site.  Is this practice still in place.? If not, I would rather not add a recipe until it is proved. Perhaps you can get a team together.

Thanks
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

iceman

Quote from: Oldman on March 04, 2012, 07:22:26 AM
In the beginning we had a crew that tested each recipe before if was posted on the recipe site.  Is this practice still in place.? If not, I would rather not add a recipe until it is proved. Perhaps you can get a team together.

Thanks
Olds

Have to agree with you Olds. I would like to know the recipes have been tried out before posting. I'd be glad to help out here and there when I'm able to.

Habanero Smoker

I don't transfer every recipe that is posted. A lot of the recipes posted with a good ingredient list, I will often test. Other times I will monitor to see if other's have made a recipe that has been posted and go by their feed back.

A team may work; but also a variety of members posting their experience with a particular recipe they saw on the forum and made helps a great deal. It also helps if members PM me on a particular recipe.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

iceman

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on March 04, 2012, 01:32:52 PM
I don't transfer every recipe that is posted. A lot of the recipes posted with a good ingredient list, I will often test. Other times I will monitor to see if other's have made a recipe that has been posted and go by their feed back.

A team may work; but also a variety of members posting their experience with a particular recipe they saw on the forum and made helps a great deal. It also helps if members PM me on a particular recipe.

Thanks Hab  :)

viper125

Well sounds excellent to me and if I can ever help in any way count me in. But I do think if any testing should be done. I would think older experienced guys should probably be chosen.. Simply for the fact they have developed tastes far beyond the new users and know what to look for. I would like to see the recipe forum getting bigger. I think it is great and all involved should be proud! Good Job guys!
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

slowpoke

Good Ideas,Guys.Personally if I have NOT tried a recipe,I'd never pass it along.Thanks for looking out for us.
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.