Chipotle time!

Started by josbocc, March 07, 2012, 12:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josbocc

Trying this for the first time with Tapatalk.  5 lbs of jalapeƱos in with two hours of pecan smoke..., then to the dehydrator!
Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

mikecorn.1

Looks good to me. I use Tapatalkt 99% of the time. Works for me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

josbocc

Out of the Bradley and into the "Big C". Photo isn't the greatest..., but I hope to have the money shot tomorrow.
Jeff
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

mikecorn.1

Cool. I wanna see how these turn out.

Mike

josbocc

QuoteCool. I wanna see how these turn out.

Mike, got home after a twelve hour day today, and unfortunately, the jalaps were still a little soft.  Gonna put another three hours of dehydrator time to them, and hopefully I'll be able to grind tomorrow.

Jeff
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

mikecorn.1

Quote from: josbocc on March 08, 2012, 04:36:15 PM
QuoteCool. I wanna see how these turn out.

Mike, got home after a twelve hour day today, and unfortunately, the jalaps were still a little soft.  Gonna put another three hours of dehydrator time to them, and hopefully I'll be able to grind tomorrow.

Jeff
:)

Mike

josbocc

Here's the completed product!  The mason jar had a little Chipotle in it that was from my first batch..., but more than 3/4 of it was from the 5 lbs I just smoked and dried.  It's got a great smoky aroma, and I can't wait to try it.
Jeff
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

mikecorn.1

Nice!!

Mike

slowpoke

Thanks,Jeff I gotta try this one of these days.
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

steve-o

Nice job, looks like you got a good amount of powder from that batch. What did you use to grind your peppers? I did a bunch of peppers last year and tried it with a coffee grinder and was hoping to find a better way.

josbocc

Steve-O,

I used a NuWave twister.  It's like a little blender, but I think it's designed for spices (not 100% certain).  It takes a bit to grind it, like shaking the grinder while it's in operation so that you get the chunks down into the blades.  It's effective, but there are probably more efficient ways to grind.  If I had used momma's coffee grinder with this particular task, I probably wouldn't be posting right now  ;D.  I don't think that she would be real fond of Chipotle flavored coffee!!

Jeff
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

steve-o

Cool thanks. I dont know if I have seen those around but it looks kinda like a magic bullet, so maybe the same thing. Yeah I didnt use the actual coffee grinder, I bought one to use specifically for peppers but I think your way would work better

archimedes1967

First off, that is incredibly awesome looking.

Second, why grind? Why not put that awesomeness into adobo sauce? Just wondering as that was my first though....my second was basting those bad boys with adobo sauce and smoking an hour before canning in adobo.

Thoughts?

josbocc

Archimedes,

Sorry for the delay in the reply.  I'm not really familiar with Adobo (only the powdered form).  I might consider a different application, but right now I'm really happy with the powder I've been getting (as is most of the family and friends). 

If you come up with some variations, please post your results.  Always looking for something different to try in the Bradley :D :D :D

Jeff
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

pensrock

When I make chipotles in adobo I do not dry them, only smoke them then into the adobo. The rest I smoke /dry /grind into powder.