• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Sonny MIA

Started by NePaSmoKer, March 07, 2012, 07:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Someone is getting all the texts and voice mails on his phone or his inbox would be full. I text and call 4-5 times a week. My last chat with him was just before Thanksgiving and he was looking forward to using his tamal press with his sister. His last log in for a post was 12/29.

Sonny

We all looking for ya buddy. Hope all is well.

hal4uk

Yup. 
We miss ya, cuz...
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Smokin Soon

I've called Sonny as well, sure do miss reading his posts and yakkin with him on the phone. Hope he is OK.
Seems like the good guys just fade away, like West Texas Smoker and Smokin Duck.

Tiny Tim

Smoking Duck is doing well, going through a life change at the moment...I'm not comfortable saying any more about it though.  I hope he decides to stop back in here, as well as get his smoker fired up again.

Anyway, back to the original topic.  Miss ya Sonny, please drop in and say hi.

mikecorn.1

I know I haven't been around here as long but I did have many-o-conversations over the phone, PM's and personal email. I went of the
Radar round here for a few months a long while back and he did the same
Thing being done with him now. He
Reached out and sent me an email to say hello and make sure I was ok. This was before he had my cell #. Hope all is ok with him. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

SiFumar

Sonny come back here...we miss you! (and I want to see the tamales!) ;D

Keymaster

Hope all is well in Sonny's life!!!!!

Wildcat

I just left a message on his sister's answering machine inquiring into his well being. Will post when she gets back to me.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Wildcat

Just got off the phone with his sister here locally and she had just talked with Sonny.

Sonny has been EXTREMELY busy. I was briefed on everything and will not devulge everything because I am sure Sonny will want to tell everyone himself. In a nutshell, he has spent a lot of good quality time with his son. They have been doing a lot together. He has also been tied up with the Tamale thing and apparantly has been involved in some competition cooking. I know about it but I will let him tell you when he gets a chance. He will probably be busy for a while yet, as I know that his sister is going out there real soon. As most of you know, when Sonny gets involved in stuff, he goes all in.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

mikecorn.1

:)

Mike

Smokin Soon

Just in case Sonny is lurking without being logged in. I met some of my local fire dept boys at the market buying large sacks of flour. I asked them. "Are you guys bakers? They said "No, but were gonna try. I took over 3 of these made with Sonny's starter for them to sample.

Also made them some sesame rolls.

After that, they were hooked. I took them some starter and they are off and running! Some adjustments had to be made on cooking times, as they have a state of the art convection oven, so my baking times did not work. All is good, by now the starter has spread in to other East Bay fire departments as well as there personal use. When I stopped by today they had an 8 qt bucket of healthy bubbling starter!

mikecorn.1

Looks good!

Mike

Smokin Soon

Just trying to get that boy back here, that starter is an old family thing passed on many times. Some have let it go and others have done well with it. I do respect the origin of the starter, as it was from his departed mom and sisters.

SouthernSmoked

My brother from another mother...........

Hope all is well !!!!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

iceman

Hope he's close to home cause I just sent him a package  ;D