Daylight Savings time Butt

Started by Sailor, March 11, 2012, 10:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

So I gets a 10 pound Butt and figure that I will have some pulled pork for Sunday.  Bout 9pm Saturday night rubbed it down with some CT and rubbed some John Henry Pecan rub on it.  (Sonny sent me the rub ....sure do miss him).  Got the Bradley heated up to 225 and slipped the Butt in on middle rack of the OBS.  Rolled 4 hrs of Hickory pellets in my new A-MAZE-N-PELLET-SMOKER.  Changed the water in the pan at 2am (forgot that it was now 3am) and went to bed.  Got up at 8am really 9am and Butt was at 150.  Changed the water again.  About an hour ago I bummed the PID up to 250 as the Butt IT was at 170.  Going to give it a test probe around 195 degrees and then FTC it for a few hours.  May not get this baby done for a while.  Guess I lost an hour somewhere  ;D

This is the 1st time that I have tried CT and want to see what all the rave is about.  Normally I just rub them down with Jan's rub and I hope I am not disappointed with the CT and Jack Henry's Pecan rub.  Neighbor has been after me to do a Butt so he may end up with all of it  :o  Stay tuned.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

northof60girl

Love the name of the post!!  Butt looks good. :))

mikecorn.1

Nice looking butt so far!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

slowpoke

I like BIG butts.This will be good, I can tell.
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

SiFumar

So ya lost an hour of smoking did ya?  Looks good!

Sailor

Yep.....I sure misplaced that one hour of smoke time.  Looked all around for it and never found it.  Maybe it will show up this fall.  ;D  At any rate the Butt got to IT of 195 at 4pm.  18 hrs for that rascal.  FTC it for 2 hrs and just as I pulled it out to pull it the doorbell rang.  Neighbor with container in hand with the saddest eyes.  :o  He left enough for me and my bride for a couple of sammies.  It was good however I was not that impressed with the Jack Henry's Pecan rub.  Jan's rub has it beat hands down.  Guess a guy will never know until he tries a rub. 

Sorry I don't get any more pics of it as I was in a hurry to get it FTC and then no time to take photos after the pull.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

FLBentRider

I thought I smelled something good coming from the south...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

ghost9mm

WOW that picture belongs in a magazine for sure...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill