• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

A treat for my friends

Started by Flyboyandre, March 09, 2012, 11:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyboyandre

Hi y'all!
I wasnt sure where to post this topic but i figured i would invite you all into my garage and show you the partial reason to why i dont have much room for expansion on the inside.
Its my baby indeed :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCT5CYySo8I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Andre

TedEbear

Very nice.  How long did it take to build all of that?

Flyboyandre

Quote from: TedEbear on March 09, 2012, 11:36:41 PM
Very nice.  How long did it take to build all of that?

It feels like a never ending project. However, the majority of the build took about 7 months. This is recognized as a pretty quick build but that's just the ADHD nature in me :)

TedEbear

Look like a lot of labor but you seem to enjoy doing it.  Are you also a pilot?

Where I work we build planes and related things for the military.  They have a multi million dollar trainer that I drool over whenever I walk past the bay where they have it all set up.  I had always wanted to just go in and be able to watch them fly it.

One day a few months back I had to do some work near it.  I made a joking remark to one of the engineers something like "Wow, I'd sure like to fly that thing" .  He invited me and my partner up into the cockpit and let us fly it for about 5 minutes each.  Totally cool.

Flyboyandre

Quote from: TedEbear on March 09, 2012, 11:57:04 PM
Look like a lot of labor but you seem to enjoy doing it.  Are you also a pilot?

Where I work we build planes and related things for the military.  They have a multi million dollar trainer that I drool over whenever I walk past the bay where they have it all set up.  I had always wanted to just go in and be able to watch them fly it.

One day a few months back I had to do some work near it.  I made a joking remark to one of the engineers something like "Wow, I'd sure like to fly that thing" .  He invited me and my partner up into the cockpit and let us fly it for about 5 minutes each.  Totally cool.

I'm hoping to start my PPL this summer. Always been a huge aviation geek. You need to get another invitation and let me know when I can come visit :)

Tater

3rensho

Andre that is really something else.  Very impressive to be sure.  Thanks for sharing.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Mr Walleye

That is awesome to say the least!

I live in Moose Jaw which is home to 15 Wing. 15 Wing is the home of the Snow Birds Demonstration Team and as well it is a NATO training facility. Lots and lots of simulators there. A customer of mine is the head of the simulators, although I've never been in them, I do know a few guys that have.

The Snow Birds do a lot of things locally here. The other day they took the Captain of the Moose Jaw Warriors WHL team up for a demonstration in the jets. They did a number of manovers an formation flying. He had an absolute blast going.

Here's a link to some pictures from their site.

http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/snowbirds/netpub/index-eng.asp?page=1

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Quarlow

Wow that is awesome. Very nice Flyboy.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Sailor

That is sure nuf AWESOME!  You are very talented and it shows.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

ghost9mm

Really awesome, it would be nice to see what others on this forum do for enjoyment besides smoking...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

pikeman_95

Quote from: Mr Walleye on March 10, 2012, 07:15:10 AM

I live in Moose Jaw which is home to 15 Wing. 15 Wing is the home of the Snow Birds Demonstration Team and as well it is a NATO training facility. Lots and lots of simulators there. A customer of mine is the head of the simulators, although I've never been in them, I do know a few guys that have.

The Snow Birds do a lot of things locally here. The other day they took the Captain of the Moose Jaw Warriors WHL team up for a demonstration in the jets. They did a number of manovers an formation flying. He had an absolute blast going.

Mike

Damn Mike, and all I thought you guys only had was a group of trained flying squirrels. Go figure!! ;D ;D ;D

Andre I love the video of your sim. It was much more then I ever expected. Very Very cool. Go ADHD, are we related some how.
KC

Flyboyandre

Quote from: Mr Walleye on March 10, 2012, 07:15:10 AM

Mike

Moose Jaw Warriors eh? Do you follow them? I am a big Portland Winterhawks fan myself. Thanks for sharing the link Mike :)

Keymaster

Very cool Project, I used to fly the Microsoft flight simulator online but always got my butt kicked and shot down. I can see how much fun that would be :)

Flyboyandre

Quote from: Keymaster on March 10, 2012, 01:33:53 PM
Very cool Project, I used to fly the Microsoft flight simulator online but always got my butt kicked and shot down. I can see how much fun that would be :)

Did you get my text Aaron? Did you mean 9pm tonight?