Smoker Enroute

Started by The542, March 11, 2012, 08:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The542

Hello ladies and gents, just took the plunge after drooling over this machine for over a year. My rational is two-fold, I get to make some great food, and I have a better excuse to spend more time outside than just smoking cigars!
I am excited to draw on many of your experiences and knowledge, good times and bad.

Mike - NW Philly
BDS4 w/ cold smoke adapter
Auber dual probe PID
TBE
Weber Genesis E-330

Salmonsmoker

Welcome, Mike. You'll find what you're looking for here. Your Odyssey is about to begin!
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

SiFumar

Welcome Mike!  There no turning back!  You Will become addicted!

mikecorn.1

Welcome aboard!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

The542

Thanks for the kind welcomes! I pick my shiny new four rack digital tomorrow. Time to get some bubba pucks and get to making my neighborhood envious.
Auber dual probe PID
TBE
Weber Genesis E-330

ghost9mm

Hello and welcome to a really great forum....have a granddaughter over at Widner University in her final year as a mechanical engineer...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Consooger

Welcome fellow PA resident!!!! Buying my Bradley and becoming a member of this forum has been one of the best things I have ever done. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience on here and you will be thoroughly impressed with what you can find on here! Smoke away, we're turning another one......

John
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

beefmann

welcome aboard and enjoy

4given

Welcome to the Forum! Lot's of good folks and info here!
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Green Mountain Grill "Daniel Boone" Pellet Grill
Webber "Q" 100

The542

Thanks again everyone. Great to see local folks too! Looks like tomorrow evening will be seasoning time and Friday we'll try a beer can chicken. Smoker is here and the bubba pucks, mavirck 73, cover, and bisquettes are all tracking for tomorrow...can't wait!
Auber dual probe PID
TBE
Weber Genesis E-330

dman4505

Don't forget to post pics, we love pics here

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

hybridcx

welcome, it is addicting! I baught my smoker mainly for more capacity for fall salmon smoking, this site and all the helpful advice and experience now has me getting into curing up bacon, making sausage, smoking nuts and foods I normaly would not have done.

SouthernSmoked

Welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

The542

Just getting done with seasoning right now, gonna leave it on for another hour with maple burning to add some flavor to some rubbed chops to finish on the grill. It's a beautiful day!

Auber dual probe PID
TBE
Weber Genesis E-330

Smoker John

I just picked the same Bradley this weekend, welcome.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712