• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoke Generator Problem - digital 4 rack

Started by bigguyrrr, March 11, 2012, 10:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigguyrrr

Ok,  I followed the directions for seasoning the digital 4 rack smoker.  Everything was flawless.  Smoker temp was great, smoke generator advanced the briquettes perfectly,  I even checked after the hour of seasoning that the briquettes burned properly,  I broke a few apart, burned through with no sense of ashes..in my mind perfect.  The unit was off for approx two hours...I prepped for my first smoke.  I turned the unit back and the briquettes did not burn at all.  The briquettes advanced perfectly buy no smoke.  Tried several times to restart the step by step process thinking I did something out of order.  Nothing helps, temp element in smoker stills works fine.  Thanks in advance for any hints or Help!  (already have a call into Bradley on this problem)

P.s. my first smoke was going to be a simple maple chicken...saved it by putting it in the oven, still had great taste so I can imagine what it will taste like in the smoker.  Also, had a briskett ready for the family today...also cheating with a oven solution today....can't wait to get Bradley going.

mikecorn.1

Read this here Make sure your connections are good. Good luck. Gots to go, on vacation ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

oblag

I have the same problem, right out of the box and no smoke! All connections and fuse are good, heating element good. Was going to smoke ribs for mother's day. I will try to call Bradley in the am.

Smoker John

I had the same issue with no puck burn & it was the weekend. I opened up the smoke generator box, there's I think 8 screws on the bottom & check the connections in there, make sure they are good. Sometimes during shipping a connection will become loose & I also made sure the circuit board inside was seated. Once I put it back together I had heat for my pucks and has worked great ever since. Hope this helps.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712