• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Once upon a time...

Started by Mister Mitch, March 11, 2012, 01:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Mitch

Hi everyone!

Got my smoker yesterday as my 50th Birthday gift.  You can imagine how excited I was to get it.

This is my 3rd smoker.  1st was a Little Chef, but I burnt out the element.  2nd, which I still have, was a charcoal smoker, made by Char Broil, from Canadian Tire.  Kinda like two tubes stuck together, all of it sits on a wobbly frame.  It's a labour of love, but just because you can stick a brisket in it, doesn't mean that you should.  Kinda ruined one from lack of experience.

My delima...  I got this smoker and it's out of season.  At least for around these parts.  There is no wood bisquettes to be found.

The Mrs and I went driving around today, and I must admit, the smoker gods must be smiling at me.  I found 3 boxes of apple bisquettes.  Yup, bought them all.  Today was a bit late to start anything.  But I got some salmon and a pork tenderloin out for tomorrow.  I am also going to get out some pork sausages and wrap them in bacon as an appetizer. 

Further proof that the smoker gods are looking favorably upon me...  Weather is supposed to be sunny and +10 C tomorrow.  Normal temp would be about -1 or -2 C.

Mitch
I am a Smoker

slowpoke

Welcome,Mitch. Yes the weather is good to us. NO it's never out of season to smoke with the Bradley.Hot smoke summer.Cold smoke winter.I have rapped the Bradley in a comforter to keep the heat up.LMAO.Canadian Tire and Princes auto carry bisquettes,down here.
The apple B'sq will go great with almost anything.Nice light smoke.The folks here are great.Have fun.
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

SiFumar

Welcome Mitch!  You gunna love it!

mikecorn.1

Welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

ghost9mm

Hello and welcome to a really great forum...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

muebe

Welcome and congrats on your new smoker ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Consooger

Welcome my friend. This is an addicting hobby. Bradley's are where it's at!
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

Salmonsmoker

Welcome aboard. The best half of your life starts now!
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

4given

Welcome to the Forum! Lot's of good folks and info here!
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Green Mountain Grill "Daniel Boone" Pellet Grill
Webber "Q" 100