Atomic Pistachio's and some BBQ Pistachio's with a twist

Started by Consooger, March 11, 2012, 02:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consooger

3rd smoke on the new toy and I figured I'd try some of these awesome pistachio's everyone is raving about. SO.......I did the whole Jalapeno, Green Tabasco concoction and made 1 lb of those. Needles to say I wasn't that impressed by the way those turned out. I smoked them with 100 mins of Apple smoke and they came out less flavorful than I wanted. Next time I will just add more "magic juice"

HOWEVER I did make my own little concoction and feel free to try if you like. I have heard everyone rave about Carolina Treet and Starnes so I decided to order myself numerous bottles of this liquid gold. SO..........I whipped up a batch of this:

3 oz - CT
3 oz - Starnes
1 - TBSP butter
1 - oz Wisterchire sauce
heat in a small pan for about 10 mins and apply to 1 lb of pistachios (I'm going to try this on dry roasted peanuts and cashews as well)
lay out on your trays and you can sprinkle your own personal rub (I decided to go with Billy Bones BBQ Rub which I got from Cabela's, GREAT STUFF)
I threw in for the initial smoke of 225 degrees and then an additional 2-3 hours at 200 until dry and crispy.  Some did however get a little dark but are still very good. Needless to say these are already gone!

just 2 lbs this time, MUCH MORE next batch

Jalapeno style

CT + Starnes (ABSOLUTELY AM IN LOVE WITH THIS KIND, they have a nice bite to them as well)

Sooooo very addicting. More to come this week on my days off!

John
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

SiFumar

mikecorn.1

Yeah, those look real tasty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

4given

Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Green Mountain Grill "Daniel Boone" Pellet Grill
Webber "Q" 100