Smoking and then not fully cooking question, need the experts in on this please.

Started by Consooger, March 12, 2012, 09:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consooger

SO here's my dilemma. I was introduced into smoking and have introduced others as to what comes from it, BAD IDEA!!!!!! SO I'm taking a road trip in 2 weeks to visit my brother and he already has a laundry list for me, nuts, jerky, bacon, etc AND and  I have to stop by the local butcher and pick up various amounts of meat because it's cheaper here than in Boston, so anyways....He wants me to take him ribs and wings, now here are my questions and they are basically the same for both the wings and ribs. My days off to smoke are on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and I'm going to Boston on Friday afternoon. Can I smoke a few racks of ribs as well as some wings with some rubs, sauces, seasonings, etc and then just vac pac them and freeze them afterwards and then throw them in his oven (his complex doesn't allow grills) or is he S.O.L. ???

Any advice here on this would be awesome.

-Sugar
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

mikecorn.1

I've done it. :) still here. To me it's just like cooking for one and vacuum sealing dinner for other days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

SiFumar

It's just fine to do it that way.  I vac pak and freeze everything for my son when he comes out to visit. And he does exactly that to reheat, except for pulled pork he reheats in crock pot.

josbocc

My favorite way to do ribs now.  Into the Bradley, smoked at a very low temp for 1 1/2 hours, then into aluminum foil with Sweet Baby Rays.  Either vac-seal and freeze, or put 'em in the fridge and finish cooking tomorrow.  Ususally finish for about 30 mins in the oven, then onto the grill for that little bit of char.

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!