• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New and having trouble.

Started by jrsne, March 14, 2012, 06:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrsne

Just got my smoker put together and following the seasoning directions, something isn't right or i've made a mistake somewhere.  I've loaded the stack w/5 briquettes started the smoker, hit the wood button set the timer and continued to turn on the heat (setting both the timer and temp).  Not getting any smoke, the feeder seems to be feeding a new briquette every 30 seconds or less.  If anyone can help with this issue and any other tips for a newbie smoker, i'd sure appreciate it.

northof60girl

I'm sure someone more experienced will be along soon but you want to make sure the puck is on the burner just above the water bowl. It will burn there for a bit then drop in the water. There should be a trouble shooting section in the forum. I'd give you the link but I'm on my cell since computer broke. One of the regular saviors on here will be along soon!!
Good luck and welcome to the greatest forum around!!!

JZ

The pucks should only feed every 20 MINUTES not every 30 SECONDS. If that is what is happening then the pucks are not getting a chance to heat up to produce smoke. Check the water bowl to see if there are pucks in it and if they are charred and let us know what you find.

mikecorn.1

You might have a bad micro switch. If its continuously feeding pucks without burning them......

Look at thisoff FAQ page and

Thread on micro switch fix

The link below will take you to the Bradley Smoker FAQs.   Has tons of info.
Mike

Gizmo

Auto advancing pucks without a 20 minute burn is most like likely the feeder arm is not engaging the micro switch as mentioned before.  Sometimes you can loosen the microswitch mounting screws and push the microswitch closer to the arm to ensure it is engaged.  If you are electrically inclined a multimeter can help determine if manually operating the microswitch works. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

beefmann

sounds like it might be a stuck advance switch, or a bad  connection,,, open the smoke generator and  check all the connections carefully by  pulling  apart  each connection point and re seat, then reassemble. then try to season again. hope this  helps

jrsne

I'll open it up and check for loose connections.  To answer one of the earlier posts, the bisquettes were in the water bowl and mush before I realized they were feeding so quickly.  If nothing seems obvious, it's brand new so I'll try and contact the main company as it should be under warranty.  Thanks for all of your help.

devo

It could be a micro switch problem, (most likely from my experience) calling head office is always good because they know you gots a problem but most problems can be solved here on the forum as we have seen almost every problem you can come up with. It all depends on how well you can fix it yourself. OH and welcome to the forum...we be here to help and enjoy your smoke pictures when you get up and running