• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

It's time.

Started by Hoppsa, March 14, 2012, 08:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoppsa

Well my wife just gave me a digital 4rack. I had been looking at them for about a year. Now it's time to smoke! I couldn't wait to get going so I did the seasoning tonight. Planning to do a pork shoulder in the next few days.
Question for you guys where do you put your smoker when you are using it? When I did the seasoning I set it on the deck. I immediately can tell I need to get it up on a table. Are you guys putting them in smokehouses, smoking in the garage or just smoking outside? My thought was I live I'm MN and weather can be cold/snow/rain/hot all in the same day. Once you start smoking you won't want to move. If you smoke in the garage does the garage fill with smoke?
Last thought I have been reading the forum for a couple weeks now. I also spend a lot of time on the hunting and fishing forums. I have to say that this forum sure seems like a breath of fresh air. Everyone seems very nice and willing to help and not cut each other down. Looking forward to a summer of smoke!!!

tdwester

Welcome! I use a cheap table for mine. I' 6'4" and hate bending that far over. Living in Idaho most of the time I leave it outside when I smoke but we have not been to cold this year, but building a storage unit I can leave my smoker is an idea I have been kicking around for awhile now, seems like it would keep the weather and the cold out.

mikecorn.1

Welcome aboard. I keep mine on a cart and roll it where I want. And I just made it today, after 3 years of carrying it around  ;D :o. Dont even have any paint on it yet. Made of wood that I kept from other projects.  I will have to post a pic in the morning before someone gives me the ole, NO PIC, IT DIDNT HAPPEN  ;) ;D. Others have them in their garage with vents to take the smoke out. Others keep them in small plastic storage shacks. Others say that its not safe to keep them in the garage. Hopefully others with their contraptions will be by and post their pics of where they store/keep them. Ive seen some nice looking pics posted before.  Good luck.
Mike

SouthernSmoked

Welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

ghost9mm

Hello and welcome to a really great forum...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Salmonsmoker

Welcome Hoppsa, what mike said.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

beefmann

welcome aboard and enjoy.

here is my  smoker setup. just a thought you  may  want to  consider.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17581