My wife is ticked off with me....

Started by Oldman, March 25, 2012, 02:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TedEbear

Quote from: viper125 on March 27, 2012, 07:33:01 PM
I'd take the triumph! Can't understand the charm of the crotch rockets and to uncomfortable to me.

It's the performance adrenaline rush.   ;)  I do a lot of road bicycling, so the riding position isn't all that different to me.

I almost bought a Triumph back in '79.  It was either that or a 500cc enduro for the same price.  I decided that I wanted to go exploring off-road now and then more than just street riding.

Someone needs to start a Bradley motorcycle owners thread and see what everyone around here has. I'd be interested in seeing some pics.  I know you all do more in your spare time than just sit around waiting for that pork butt to reach 195*F.   ;D

dcrows

Nice ride you have in there! such a classic, hope i could get my hands on one of those, looks like a small harley davidson. Im a big fan, and i'm saving up for one, don't matter how old i may be when i get to but one of those. LOL im a sucker for big bikes and the classic looking ones so its going to be worth it~

Smokin Soon

I think the bottom line for some of us older guys that have been through rice rockets and Harleys is to find one that fits your "wow" factor in your current stage of life. I'm to friggen old to lay down on a rocket that can do 175 mph. A classic like a Bonny with a traditional upright seating position is all I would want at this point.

TedEbear

Quote from: Smokin Soon on March 28, 2012, 10:21:23 PMI'm to friggen old to lay down on a rocket that can do 175 mph.

Actually, a 1-liter sport bike will go faster than that.

Anyway, how old is old?  I'm in my 50s and I have no desire to give up an exciting lifestyle for a Vespa.   :D

viper125

Personally I prefer a classic design. Use to race dirt bikes when younger, But I'm 59 and have given up most my kid things. The thrill of a fast bike is out of my system. Along with a lot of other things. I didn't give up any thing exciting just moved on to a leisurely enjoyable life.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Wildcat

Quote from: viper125 on March 29, 2012, 06:56:06 AM
Personally I prefer a classic design. Use to race dirt bikes when younger, But I'm 59 and have given up most my kid things. The thrill of a fast bike is out of my system. Along with a lot of other things. I didn't give up any thing exciting just moved on to a leisurely enjoyable life.

Ditto

Faster than 175 mph? Who drives a motorcycle faster than 175? I have raced dirt bikes, tried out hill climbing, and love speed myself, but I would never think about going anywhere near that fast on a bike. I would not drive that fast in a car!
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

iceman

We had a cat once that I swear went over 200 mph just after it pee'd on Ann's new dress when we were getting ready for her company party.  :o  ;D
It was the sudden encounter with the wall that he didn't take to well  ::)

hal4uk

Quote from: Smokin Soon on March 28, 2012, 10:21:23 PM
I think the bottom line for some of us older guys that have been through rice rockets and Harleys is to find one that fits your "wow" factor in your current stage of life. I'm to friggen old to lay down on a rocket that can do 175 mph. A classic like a Bonny with a traditional upright seating position is all I would want at this point.
Best I remember (from my misspent youth) 130mph on two wheels will turn a gnat into a bullet.
175?  YIKES...  Not then, and most certainly not now...  :o
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Wildcat

Quote from: iceman on March 29, 2012, 05:11:06 PM
We had a cat once that I swear went over 200 mph just after it pee'd on Ann's new dress when we were getting ready for her company party.  :o  ;D
It was the sudden encounter with the wall that he didn't take to well  ::)

lol  ;D

ghost9mm

I've done a few stupid things in my 74 years and rode a whole lot of miles on motorcycles but going 175 mph would never enter my mind...lol...now here are a couple of real nuts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg-tSm0XZfI
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Wildcat

Wow! You could never do that with a Harley.

Those guys obviously want to kill theirselves and others as well. I do not know the modern bikes very well, but when I was into racing, a 900 pound bike running at 90 mph only had about 9 pounds of weight on the front tire. A hummingbird at that speed can put a hurting on you.

TedEbear

Quote from: Wildcat on March 30, 2012, 11:15:43 AM
I do not know the modern bikes very well, but when I was into racing, a 900 pound bike running at 90 mph only had about 9 pounds of weight on the front tire. A hummingbird at that speed can put a hurting on you.

Not to mention a deer.   :o  Those guys in the video are nuts for riding like that in traffic.  It gives the rest of us a bad reputation and occasional undeserved flak because they associate that style bike with reckless riding, no matter who is in the saddle.  I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've had mine into triple digit speeds but it sure reaches highway cruising speeds from the on-ramp pretty quick.   :)

BTW, a modern 1-liter sport bike weighs less than 450 lbs wet and can approach speeds close to 200 mph. Not that there are many remote places to ride 200 mph but a bike that can go that fast generally has a very high overall performance throughout the powerband for a fraction of the cost of a similar high performance car.

viper125

Well opened a street bike up a couple times in my life to over 100 MPH. Both times was young and stupid! One time I remember turning the  wheel back and forth with no response because it wasn't touching. Once I got hit in the head by a large June bug sort of thing at 75 MPH and it was all I could do to stay on bike. I totaled a bike back in 74 hitting a tree head on trying to escape a truck (long story). I spent a year in the hospital on and off and another year recovering.... Not good memories as I was in a coma for a long time. I did learn a few lessons though. But I did get back on a bike when I was able and I was shaking so hard i had to ride to get rid of my fears. But for the most part I have given them up. But have thought of a small classic style for running around town and such to save gas. All I can say if you do a 100 on a bike for any reason you are stupid for one reason or the other in my opinion.  Bikes are great but they know no loyalty!
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Ka Honu

There's a reason they're called "donorcycles."

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!