• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoked Soupy????

Started by RedneckRN, March 26, 2012, 07:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedneckRN

Hello my brother in law and friends from the rod n gun club we belong to make an awsome soupy each fall and I was wondering what it would taste like smoked either hot or cold
Gitter Done
RedneckRN

Habanero Smoker

There are a few ways you can add a smoke flavor to your soup. One is to either cold smoke or hot smoke some of the ingredients, such as the onions, pepper or meat (taking the proper precautions). Or you can prepare the soup leave it uncovered, and place it in the smoker, and stir occasionally; you may have to finish on the stove top. I find the more surface you can expose to the smoke the more smoke flavor it will take on. Another way is to prepare it like many members prepare their smoked chili or baked beans. While smoking/cooking ribs, brisket etc, they place the chili (in this case your soup) underneath to catch the drippings.

I'm sure there are other ways, but when I want to add smoke to my soup, stew, chili etc; I generally use the first method.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

rsherman24

by "soupy", are you referring to Soppressata or a similar dry cured salami?  If so, when I make mine I use my Bradley to incubate at around 85 degrees before curing. You could add some smoke during this time to give it flavor. I have not tried this, but have seen recipes from old timers who cold smoke before the cure process.

carnie1

Habanero Smoker

I guess I read that post between gulps of coffee.  ;D

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)