• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Happy Easter Jerky

Started by Consooger, April 07, 2012, 09:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consooger

So I decided that since I haven't made any jerky in about 2-3 weeks or even taken the cover of my 6 rack I'd make some jerky this weekend. Besides, trout season upstate PA opens next weekend and my camp has been requesting jerky for the trip so I figures why the hell not!

So I decided to use this recipe I found on here (no too sure how much I like it yet, I find that I like my jerky mush better after it sits a few days without eating it) It wasn't a really crazy recipe, but I think I'm still going to test drive some of these jerky recipes until I find my "chosen one" As of now one of my favorite recipes is my sweet heat which costitutes a mixture of Cabela's Sweet Hot jerky Mix with my own mixure and my own BBQ mix. ANyways I'm rambling......

So I bought about 50 lbs of London Broil of my local butcher a few weeks ago and I finally started pulling some slabs out of the freezer. I pulled 2 sets of 5 lbs out and cut them and had the first batch sit in the "stew" for about 30 hours. Pulled around game time yesterday and let er rip.

- 1 hour / 140 degrees to dry
- 2 hours 2 mins/ hickory smoke @ temp 155-160 (there was wind all day)
- 3 hours of finish time
***rotated racks every hour and also pulled thinner pieces out when done do prevent burnt and dry jerky.

So here we Go. I dont have any beginning shots BUT I do have money shots~

Yes I was drinking...It's opening weekend! I'm a Sox fan, forgive me!

WOnt let me upload direct pics....BOO!!!

One more....

"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

Keymaster

Thats some good looking jerky you produced there. Nice job !!

mikecorn.1

Nice pile of jerky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

slowpoke

Yummy looking jerky,good pic's too.You gave me a hunger for jerky thanks. lol I got a stash in the freezer.Venison jerky.Ooohhh Ya.
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

ghost9mm

Good lookin jerky, and the guys will make short order of that for sure, where upstate Pa are you gonna fish?
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Sailor

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Consooger

Quote from: ghost9mm on April 08, 2012, 01:12:03 PM
Good lookin jerky, and the guys will make short order of that for sure, where upstate Pa are you gonna fish?

Heading up to Clinton county for the weekend. Trout opener.

Thanks for the great replies, hope everyone had a great Easter. Only problem with this jerky is that I think it cooked a little too long, it is harder than my normal batches, plus it might have something to do with the fact that some pieces were thinner than the others. Oh well if they don't like it I'll just keep it all for myself.
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife