Fishy smoker

Started by Ashey, April 09, 2012, 05:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokeville

That Zep cleaner I mentioned is labeled as Industrial 505 Cleaner and Degreaser here in Canada.

It is For use On: hardsurfaces such as plastic, metal and wood.
Not For Use On: marble, natural stone or glass.

It doesn't mention aluminum but the caution is to "always test first in an inconspicuous area before using."

Salmonsmoker

HD had both the industrial purple and the industrial 505 where I checked locally yesterday, so there must be some difference.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Smokeville

Quote from: Salmonsmoker on April 11, 2012, 05:59:01 PM
HD hand both the industrial purple and the industrial 505 where I checked locally yesterday, so there must be some difference.

Yes, they are different. The Purple must be diluted with water according to the label. The 505 can be used directly.

pikeman_95

I just use it straight out of the jug. I dump it in a spray bottle and get after it. That might be why it works so well. I guess I have never read the label or at least I don't remember doing so. That's nothing new. I don't ask for directions very often either. It's a man thing.

Smokeville

Quote from: pikeman_95 on April 11, 2012, 09:18:30 PM
I just use it straight out of the jug. I dump it in a spray bottle and get after it. That might be why it works so well. I guess I have never read the label or at least I don't remember doing so. That's nothing new. I don't ask for directions very often either. It's a man thing.

That kind of explains why you said "Wear some kind of eye protection and gloves and a respirator if you have one."

;D

Smokeville

Was just thinking: the two products were within a $1 of each other, so if the Purple was diluted just by 1/2, it would still be stronger than the 505, I think, and it would then cost 1/2 the price.

We go through about 4 jugs a season. That saves enough to buy a bottle of rum.

Rich

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: Smokeville on April 12, 2012, 10:35:38 AM
Was just thinking: the two products were within a $1 of each other, so if the Purple was diluted just by 1/2, it would still be stronger than the 505, I think, and it would then cost 1/2 the price.

We go through about 4 jugs a season. That saves enough to buy a bottle of rum.

Rich

Now that's what I call critical thinking!
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.