• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My "tradish" Tuesday smoke *trout season*

Started by Consooger, April 10, 2012, 02:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consooger

So after reading sons of posts and searching on the net I decided to take the plunge and get some Soy Vay Veri Veri, best thing is that OI can get it for $3.56 at my local Wal Mart. I bought ALL the bottles they had since this is going for $6+ a bottle online. Anyways so I whipped up a batch of muscle for trout camp kinda like Muebe's Nugget recipe but with a slight tweak. I added:

3 tbsp of brown sugar
1/8 cup Allegro Marinade
1 tsp season salt

Wanted to try some of my favorite flavors with this. I must say this Soy Vay is THE BEST Teriyaki sauce I have ever tasted. Anyways I ahve this in the box as we speak.

already dried at an hour at 140
2 hour ride of hickory and apple mix
3 hours of finish time (although I have a feeling this may take a little longer because this wind is BRUTAL today.

Here's the prep pictures, I will update as this goes in a few hours.

back with more shortly....

-Sugar
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

mikecorn.1

That's gonna be good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

ghost9mm

Them guys will make short work of that for sure...I remember camp...lol..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Consooger

And the money shots..........

The only problem I have been having is that I feel that the marinades for the jerky isn't going deep enough into the meat. I found a Reveo for $180 so hopefully that does the trick. I normally shake the meat in the buckets I have for like 20 mins and I have a lot left over after I pull it after 24 + hours. Hopefully that gives it more flavor. Anyways, what I have for the weekend.....

5 lbs, shouldn't last long amongst 20 guys......

Cheers!!!!

-Sugar
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

muebe

The batch looks great! Should make for some veri veri happy campers :)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

mikecorn.1

That turned out great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712