• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

BRADLEY ORIGINAL AND PID ARRIVED TODAY! HELP

Started by amatasjr, April 18, 2012, 07:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amatasjr

I recently purchased the OBS and an Auber dual probe PID.  I tried hooking it up so that the PID can control the smoke generator as the directions indicated. No luck. smoke generator doesn't have any power to it. So right now as I season the OBS, the OBS is hooked up as if the PID isn't involved. I have the PID plugged in directly to the wall and probe 1 inserted into the OBS, and thats it.   Any suggestions on set up?

Wildcat

Recheck all connections. Unplug it all and replug. Be extra sure all plugs are seated properly. With a new unit, sometimes the connections are hard to make.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

mikecorn.1

Sorry cant help. I have the DBS. I don't control the SG with the PID. I just use it or the elements.  Others will be by with the same setup you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

muebe

You need to set which two program steps power the generator in the PID settings menu. The PID does not come with them set.

You can only choose two steps that activate the smoke generator.
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

amatasjr

Thanks!!  Also, do you guys store your OBS outside with a cover?

Wildcat

No but you can and I think some do. You just want to protect the electronics.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

muebe

Quote from: amatasjr on April 18, 2012, 08:14:38 PM

I have mine located in a suncast cabinet. I would bring it in when not using if you do not have a covered patio.
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Habanero Smoker

I've had my OBS out on my deck 24/7 for over 7.5 years with just the cover, and it still works fine. Though I am on my third cover, due to either ice damage, or UV sun damage. My last cover seems to be of better quality, and seems to have better UV protection.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TedEbear

After it cools down I carry mine in and store it in the basement.  It is not very heavy.

Grady273

I just received my OBS and Auber dual probe controller. I had the exact same experience. What did you do to resolve the problem?

TedEbear

Quote from: Grady273 on April 28, 2012, 02:49:40 PM
I just received my OBS and Auber dual probe controller. I had the exact same experience. What did you do to resolve the problem?

Did you try this in the list of the above replies?

Quote from: muebe on April 18, 2012, 07:50:55 PM
You need to set which two program steps power the generator in the PID settings menu. The PID does not come with them set.

You can only choose two steps that activate the smoke generator.

dubob

I do not.  I bought a commercial utility cart from Sam's Club (http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=141872), built a plywood deck with four 2X4 sections attached to the underside that fit inside the top cart section and spaced to prevent deck from moving, and then wheel it in and out of my garage to use.  The two bottom shelves hold all my wood pucks and accessories.  I have a concrete driveway, sidewalk, and back patio so I can move it around easily.  It would probably be a little tougher on grass or gravel.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 77 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men don't ask permission to bear arms." ― Glen Aldrich
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ― Dr. Seuss

Grady273

Everything is connected properly, it's just the programming of the controller I have to figure out.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Grady273 on April 30, 2012, 06:31:28 PM
Everything is connected properly, it's just the programming of the controller I have to figure out.
Look at  this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Grady273

Thanks to all that replied to my call for help. I believe that I got the basic jist for the PID programming setup. Just one more question or observation, I have noticed a couple of different connection setups in the pictures I have viewed. Is there a preferred connection setup for the OBS and a Auber Dual PID controller to operate the SG and the Tower or is there just one way?