Keep You Favorite Rub Working!

Started by Bear1968, May 02, 2012, 02:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear1968

I was in the mood for Burritos so I picked up a pack of Flour Tortillas the other day at the market thinking I had a can of re-fried beans in the pantry .... WRONG!  >:(
OK No Beans so now what?   :-\
I thawed two boneless, skinless chicken breasts. In the mean time I grabbed a small sauce pan and added a cup of Tomato Sauce, a splash of Taco Sauce and about a Tsp or so of my Basic Rub and started it to simmer and blend.
*When I say "Basic Rub" I have one I make that I use on Pork, Chicken, Beef ... just about anything. NOT to be confused with my Rib Rub!*
I then Butterflied the Breasts and coated them with my Basic Rub. Fried the Breasts in a nonstick skillet. Removed them and pulled them with two forks. Just like you would a Boston But   :)
Threw the shredded Chicken back in the skillet and mixed in the Sauce. Let it thicken while making sure NOTHING burned ... about 5 minutes and loaded it into Skillet-toasted Tortillas topped with a mix of grated Cheddar and Provolone ...... smoked in my BRADLY! I rolled the Lil Darlings up ..... and Heaven!
I never thought about keeping the rubs I LOVE "Working" even when my Smoker or Grill wasn't but I will from now on!
;)

UBC Local 268

ghost9mm

They look super to me, and I like your choice of beer too...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

mikecorn.1

Those are looking good. Bet they tasted en better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

slowpoke

If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

SiFumar