• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Sandwich King on Food Network

Started by KyNola, May 20, 2012, 08:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Just watched an episode of this fool on Food Network.  Went to the BBQ place he has been going to since he was 3 years old for 30 years and it is his favorite place to go for a BBQ pulled pork sandwich.  I immediately turned to Jan and said "this is going to be a pork roast that has been baked, pulled and doused in BBQ sauce.  Well, I was right.  Oh, did I mention he topped it with grilled pineapple?  Same thing with his favorite BBQ pulled chicken sandwich. No pineapple on the chicken but same style of BBQ, smothered in some sort of red BBQ sauce.  Then, he topped it with a Big Bob Gibson's clone of a white BBQ sauce and served it open faced.

On the program he took his badly behaved 3 year old son to the same restaurant to continue the tradition.  Oops, should have made the dish for the kid before he took him to the restaurant and captured the kid's reaction on film.  He didn't like it! ;D

Guys like him give authentic pulled pork a bad rap. :)

Keymaster

Fool is puting it Mildly, I doubt his show will last long. I saw the tale end of the show.

muebe

I find there are very few places that produce truly good BBQ.

Just like slathering a perfectly good steak with steak sauce :o

Most places tend to over sauce simply because their product is dry and tasteless.
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

ghost9mm

Quote from: muebe on May 20, 2012, 10:50:14 AM
I find there are very few places that produce truly good BBQ.

Just like slathering a perfectly good steak with steak sauce :o

Most places tend to over sauce simply because their product is dry and tasteless.

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

mikecorn.1

X3. Amen to all that and then some :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Up In Smoke

Thanks to the folks here, and some practice, and then some practice, and then a beer and some more practice,
my pulled pork has been voted the best BBQ  at my house  ;D
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

SouthernSmoked

Same here, years of practice and ............Wait.......... "Here hold my beer"!" - My pulled pork is the best made around our house too. ;D
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little