• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Had a CLOSE Call at my house

Started by Tenpoint5, May 20, 2012, 12:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Fired up the weber kettle grill just like I always do for dinner last night. Shut everything down went inside for the evening. Got up this morning went to let the dog out. Light smoke haze in the back yard. Wonder who would be running a smoker or burning something at 6am? I look down and HOLY S*&^% My F*&^(*&(ing Deck is smoldering!!! Quick ran and got the hose and soaked the crap out of everything. How this old dried out deck didn't go up in flames is beyond me. 3 Boards and 5 stringers burnt and will need to be replaced and repaired. The burn area is about 8 feet long. This was on the old part of the deck where everyone was sitting during the MWSO. We got damn lucky since there has been 15-20 MPH winds blowing all night long and all morning long.

The first two pics are right after I got done hosing everything down.

Later in the day to show the insurance man. Tried to show how the stringers burnt. Must have been the pressure treated lumber that was used when they built the deck. that kept it smoldering and not bursting into flames.

Somebody was watching over my family and I last night!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

muebe

Holy crap Chris :o

Glad nothing really bad happened!!!

I assume that embers must have fell through the bottom of the kettle causing the fire?
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

OU812

HOLLY CRAP!!

That was a close one there buddy.

I bet when ya seen that first thing in the morn it really woke you up.

Thats really gonna suck to crawl under there to fix.

smitttykid

Thank God it wasn't any worse.  When dealing with your Insurance Co.'s adjuster-if he or she offers you a depreciated settlement-dicker with them.  If you have replacement cost guarntee-you should have no worries other than your deductible.  Best of luck to ya.

Sailor

Dang Chris.   You is one lucky person for sure.  Sure glad that no more damage was done. 

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Keymaster

Glad you still got one good wing to flap that fire out ;) Seriously glad you and your family are safe!!!

deb415611

Chris - so glad that had the ending it did.  Scary stuff. 

Tiny Tim

Good thing I wasn't still sitting there...would have had a hot foot or tail-feathers.

Glad it wasn't any more damage than that.

mikecorn.1

Dam!! Sorry to see that happens. Glad everything else is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

squirtthecat

iceman

SouthernSmoked

Oooohh S*&^%!

You guys were lucky for sure! Damn!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

pensrock

Wow, that could have been real bad. Happy that was all the damage. Hope you have working smoke detectors in the house. Being a firefighter I know how quickly it could have gone from smouldering to a working fire and the smoke detectors would give you a warning if it would ever occur again.