grillin baby backs

Started by mhiykmeel63, May 25, 2012, 04:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhiykmeel63

Hey guys, this isnt a smoker question but I need some help and I know you guys can help. Im planning on grillin ribs this weekend but not sure how long to grill them. Im planning on using my rib rub then a sauce. Any help you guys can offer is appreciated...thanx!!

mhiykmeel63

Ive smoked them before, but this time Im going strictly on the grill and lookming for grilling times

devo

Ah didnt see the grilling part...sorry.

devo

These where done in my BIG Easy and took 1 and 1/2 hours if this helps

mhiykmeel63

They look  good, was it gas or charcoal?

mikecorn.1

The big easy is gas but cooks infrared. It's made by charbroil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Habanero Smoker

You may be able to pick up a few more ideas by going to the Weber or Charbroil sites and look through their recipe sections. Also check out the area on grilling tips.

Here is a link to how to cook baby back on a grill:

Foil-Wrapped Baby Backs

Caribbean Baby Back Ribs with Guava
No foil used.

If you search further into the pork section, you will find more recipes:
Pork Recipes From Weber

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ratherbboating

The foil one is sort of like I do mine.  But, I start by heavy seasoning the ribs. adding BIG slices of onion and double stacking the ribs, then wrapping in foil, add about 1/2 can of beer (or apple juice).  Into 375 oven for 30 minutes, then out on the grill to finish.  Adding BBQ sauce is an option near the end of cooking on the grill.
The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude. Julia Child

muebe

I would grill indirect at medium heat and lid down for a few hours and then sauce/finish on high heat at the end.

When meat starts to pull away from the ends about an inch you are good and you can also check them to see if they are done with the bend test.
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Consooger

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on May 26, 2012, 02:21:48 AM
You may be able to pick up a few more ideas by going to the Weber or Charbroil sites and look through their recipe sections. Also check out the area on grilling tips.

Here is a link to how to cook baby back on a grill:

Foil-Wrapped Baby Backs

Caribbean Baby Back Ribs with Guava
No foil used.

Hab's you are a wealth of knowledge. I love seeing your posts because everytime I see input from you it's in such detail. Just awesome!

Keep it up brother!!!!!

Now I know where to come when I have kids and I need advice!  ;D ;D ;D

If you search further into the pork section, you will find more recipes:
Pork Recipes From Weber
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

TedEbear

Quote from: mhiykmeel63 on May 25, 2012, 04:47:05 PMIm planning on grillin ribs this weekend but not sure how long to grill them. Im planning on using my rib rub then a sauce.

You can get lots of tips on grilling them on the Amazing Ribs website.  Mine come out great whenever I decide to cook them on my grill instead of the Bradley.  I'd say they even turn out slightly better.

Grilling Techniques

Cooking them on a gas grill?  Gas Grill Setup

How about a charcoal grill?  Charcoal Grill Setup