• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Saturday smoke-a-thon

Started by smokinmac, May 28, 2012, 08:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokinmac

Saturday was an all day smoke-a-thon. First "real" brisket for me, usually smoke flat cuts, but was depriving myself of real smoke house brisket. Used Griffin's Hot Jalapeno mustard and Mcormick's Sweet and Spicy rub. Cooked a 5.6 lb. Certified Angus Beef, only took about 7 hours to get to 190, even with stuffed jalapenos, pistachios, and almonds on the other racks for the first couple of hours. Used mesquite on the whole smoke. Wasn't thinking and got thick cut bacon for peppers, so they weren't pretty but were mighty tasty. Other half of brisket went in freezer. BTW stuffed penos with cream cheese mixed with Chaluas Chipotle Hot Sauce, garlic powder and dusted with ground chipoltle powder for good measure.

GusRobin

very nice - send  me some for lunch! ;D
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

OldHickory

Looks like a great cook, and I bet you and your guests enjoyed.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

beefmann

mikecorn.1

Looks good. Try stuffing the jalapeƱos with cream cheese and some ground sausage mix. I even throw in some green onion and shredded cheese in too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Kahunas

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on May 28, 2012, 01:01:14 PM
Looks good. Try stuffing the jalapeƱos with cream cheese and some ground sausage mix. I even throw in some green onion and shredded cheese in too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like to chop pepperoni, garlic and onion with shredded cheese and cream cheese.
Looks like a great cook there. Next time let us know ahead of time and we will all show up for dinner.HAHA
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

ghost9mm

Looks like you were very busy, but I bet it's all gone by now...lol...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)