• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ribs

Started by Oldman, March 01, 2006, 06:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Ok folks we have a pretty good recipe collection except in one major area.  RIBS~~!  In fact there is no catagroy for RIBS as we have no recipe for them! Exception is one recipe that has just been entered into the new contest.

So what do you say that those who do RIBS (Pork or Beef) post on the contest site your RIB recipe????

I'm going to add my BEEF LONG/ Short Ribs recipe. I'm sure most out here have a RIB recipe. Let's GET-ER-DONE~~!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

begolf25

That's is a great idea.  Because after my first weekends success with my chicken wraps, pork butt and atomic buffalo turds I decided to try some ribs this past weekend.  Not the worst things i have ever ate but they were far from good.  They had a jerky look to them on the outside.  It was a very windy day here in PA when I tried them but the Bradley seemed to maintain the temp pretty well. Looks like this will be one of the items I will have to work at.  Oh well, more time spent using my smoker [:D]

icerat4

I would give a recipe.But i only use rubs that are made like dizzy and emrils and stuff.But let me tell you guys. All and i mean all the people who have tried these ribs swear there the best they ever had .And believe me these people have had smoked food before and know what there eating.Like i said in a post before if ya buy great meat ya get great results.Plus the fact that i have good cooking sense.And only slight mop on them not over loading them.I do like the bacon drip thats a nice touch for a good finish rib.O and the dipping sauce is either stubbs or SWEET BABY RAYS ...[:D]This bs has made me into a smoking sucsess up here with all my friends .

Oldman

icerat4 go ahead a list your rib recipe in the contest. Thanks

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

iceman

Hey there icerat, go ahead and post the recipe. I can reassure you not everyone has time to make sauces and rubs from scratch. What's more important is "DID YOU LIKE IT"? If so, go ahead and share the experience with everyone. Have a good one.[:)]

icerat4

From one ice to another these ribs were the bomb.Sams clubs ribs are the choise for anyone with axcess to this store in the midwest.Lots of meat to eat and cheap.Sorry guys im not worthy of a recipe just shake rub and roll.But the end results are amazing .No restraunt comes close to these ribs ive been told by all the people who have tried them. They have told me open your own smoke house.I have to laugh and say im just a weekend smoker and a car guy by day.I hope to be the king of rib section here for all the newbie i feel i can greatly help as i do have a restraunt background and a good cooking sence when it comes to the easy way of cooking meats and havin them come out right.When i saw this low and slow mode i said this is totaly me LOL.So Ill give ya guys an update this sunday on the next rib meal.SI YA .

IKnowWood

I have been doing ribs a lot of different ways.  I have liked most all of them pretty much.  There are some features in some reciepes i like and others I don't.  I do have a solid spicy rib recipe i am putting together that uses a mixed rub from a BBQ and Smoking book I got and I make the rest up myself.  its a more a Dry Rib recipe.  It will be posted this weekend more than likely.

I also am refinine something I like with a Apple Soak blended moist Rib Recipe.  That is not ready to post, I am not happy with the mid-point of it.  Hopefully it will be refined soon.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Oldman

icerat4

Now this is about as much a shake and bake recipe as they come... but I posted it.  If nothing else it might give someone an idea or two

http://susan.rminor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226&page=2

So post up your step by step shake and bake.
Thanks

Olds