Well We Did Get New Wheels

Started by NePaSmoKer, June 05, 2012, 05:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

KyNola

Didn't realize you were going to go full time so soon Rick.  Congratulations on your choice.  I know you guys did your homework so it will work out fine.

Now, drive that big boy to Paducah for the BBQ Festival 9/27-9/29. ;D

Quarlow

This so cool Rick. You are on the same sort of path we are. My dad built a 60'x40' houseboat which he and his gal lived in till he had a major stroke 3 years ago.
It is still on the beach on our family's property right on the edge of the river. She doesn't need that much space for just herself so once I lose a couple of mouths around here we will buy her a 30' travel trailer to live in on the property and my wife and I will move into the houseboat. We will then be rent free except for the utilities which will save us a grand in rent every month. I plan to spend the $5000 it will cost to put it in the water. We also have a 30'x80' metal shop that I am trying to organize so I will have lots of room for the smokers and will be able to work on the boats and stuff.
I have to evict some jerk who has a sailboat in the shop and hasn't paid his rent for over 2 years and then the shop is all ours. I may even keep his boat for back payment. It is a cool catamaran which was built out of leftover wood from Howard Hughes Spruce Goose. All documented with certificates. Unfortunately I won't likely end up with the documentation though.
Campfires every weekend, beachcombing for logs to supplement my income and plenty of room to keep the semi truck I drive. No more commuting to work will save me a further $180 a month in gas plus zero wear and tear on the new Impala. Sweet and life will be good.
You might even see me show up to a few of the smokeouts happening around the country. Oh and I forgot to mention the Bahama's. I just want to swim in warm "Azure green" ocean waters. Lol
So congrat's to you folks rick. The money you don't spend on rent will be a welcome addition to your wallet.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Sailor

Did you get it yet, huh did ya, did ya?  We want pic's of it in the driveway getting loaded up.   ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

OU812

Its the weekend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ya got that house on wheels yet?  ;D

Tenpoint5

Last I heard they was dealing with the Gov't and there was paperwork involved. We all know what its like when dealing with the Gov't and Paperwork. Should have it in the next week or so.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Sailor

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on June 16, 2012, 08:36:53 AM
Last I heard they was dealing with the Gov't and there was paperwork involved. We all know what its like when dealing with the Gov't and Paperwork. Should have it in the next week or so.

Hangs head and shrugs.  Damn Government

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

iceman

Holy moley with uncle involved that thing might be three years old fer he gets it!!  :o  ;D