• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Adding a butt to the turkey smoke

Started by SiFumar, June 08, 2012, 03:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiFumar

Get a call from my younger son this morning.  He asked what I'm smoking this weekend(usual Friday question).  I told him about the turkey breast.  He asked if I was brineing it the way I did last time they were here.  I said yes....why?  No butt Ma?  No wasn't planning on it.  Then he say's can you add a butt?  I start laughing... knew what was coming....Ma we be coming out tomorrow for a few days and just though I'd add to your menu!  So went out and bought a butt(the ones in freezer won't thaw in time).  Painted with molasses and used Wham rub.  Wrapped up for tomorrows early morning smoke.

To be continued also........

mikecorn.1

I need to do a butt with molasses. Looking forward to your pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

SamuelG

SiFumar how much molasses... same amount as the CYM?

Gracias. Sam
SamuelG

KyNola

Yep, paint it or give it a good slather.  It will work just fine!

SamuelG

SamuelG

SiFumar

KyNola got you covered. I paint on a thin coat as I found that easier for me.

SamuelG

SamuelG

SiFumar

SiFumar

SamuelG

SamuelG

SiFumar

16hrs later we have a butt!  FTM until 1230am when the son should be pulling in.

Used a dry drip pan and this is what was collected.....will be chilling to take fat off.

SiFumar

So was to tired early morning to take pics when the boy came in.  They enjoyed the food so much they had again for breakfast.  We couldn't decide which should be the money shot....so here is all 4 plates. ;D

OldHickory

Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

Kahunas

Looks great, I am surprised there isn't one with a slice of turkey and a pile of pulled pork on top of it....
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

squirtthecat