• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pulled Pork

Started by nolan, June 09, 2012, 06:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nolan

I buy meat at Sams.  Pork shoulders come in 2-packs and on average weigh 18lbs (for both).

• I wash and dry the meat.
  • I coat the entire outside with Cavender's Greek Meat Seasoning.  I use this on pretty much every meat that I dry rub (ribs, brisket, & shoulders).
  • I wrap butts tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.  I omit this step if I'm in a hurry and go straight to the smoker.
  • I preheat smoker to 250.  The temp drops when you add the meat.  I try to maintain 220 to 230 while smoking/cooking.
  • I smoke with pecan for about 6 to 8 hours, depending on size of shoulders.
  • I use apple juice in the water bowl and need to remove pucks and add juice at the 3 to 4 hour mark and again at the 6 to 8 hour mark.  I also spray the shoulders with apple juice (quickly) while the door is open
  • At the 8 to 10 hour mark, I flip / flop the two shoulders (top to bottom, bottom to top)
  • I remove them when they reach an internal temp of 190, then I wrap in foil, towel, and drop in cooler.  I let sit at least an hour.  Sometimes longer if I'm ready before super time;-)
  • On average, the bottom roast is ready in about 18 hours, I remover it and move the top one down to the bottom.  The last one usually takes another couple hours (20 to 22 total).  FTC when done for 30 minutes to an hour.
  • I pull / chop and put in foil pan or crock pot, spray with apple juice, and put out to eat or carry to party

muebe

Nice, simple instructions to a perfect butt Nolan ;)

I love that Cavendar's seasoning too. It is excellent on Tri-tip.
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

mikecorn.1

Maybe its just me, but I cant see any pics  ???   Just some squares with red x in them.
Mike

muebe

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on June 09, 2012, 10:20:43 AM
Maybe its just me, but I cant see any pics  ???   Just some squares with red x in them.

I can see them Mike! Must be your Thermapen slowing down the pictures. Eventually you'll get them ;)
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

mikecorn.1

Quote from: muebe on June 09, 2012, 10:27:03 AM
Quote from: mikecorn.1 on June 09, 2012, 10:20:43 AM

I can see them Mike! Must be your Thermapen slowing down the pictures. Eventually you'll get them ;)
Low low low blow ;D. For some reason they are now showing up. I couldn't see them on my work computer either. You know, while I'm on my lunch break ::) ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

nolan

My pictures are linked from facebook.  If your company blocks access to facebook, my images would likely be blocked at work too...  Just one possible scenario ;-) 

mikecorn.1

Quote from: nolan on June 10, 2012, 05:15:27 AM
My pictures are linked from facebook.  If your company blocks access to facebook, my images would likely be blocked at work too...  Just one possible scenario ;-)
Yeah my employer will Block anything linked to FB. but I also could not see them on my phone ???
This morning they are coming in perfect. On my phone ???  They look great

Mike

muebe

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on June 10, 2012, 07:08:40 AM
Quote from: nolan on June 10, 2012, 05:15:27 AM
Yeah my employer will Block anything linked to FB. but I also could not see them on my phone ???
This morning they are coming in perfect. On my phone ???  They look great

Are you near your Thermapen Mike? ;)

Kahunas

What time do we eat?? HAHA, Nice looking butt you got there.
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.