wedding

Started by viper125, June 09, 2012, 10:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper125

Well daughter has informed us it official. She and her fiance are going to the Florida keys to get married. A lot like me she's not much into large fancy gatherings. But she has said she would appreciate a large family cook out of close friends and family here at my home. We have 3 1/2 acres and its prime for this sort a thing. Also I do know how to throw a cook out. So now to work on the menu while waiting on the exact date of the party. I'm thinking at least 3-4 butts to pull. Maybe make a few smoked hams to slice. Got to be some chicken. And what ever else I can think of. Maybe I need to start brining and cooking and freezing now. LOL Also need some things to be grilling for the aroma! Nothing with out that smoking meat aroma! Wow, I think Im more excited with the smoking then the wedding. LOL
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Up In Smoke

Congrats to your daughter, and to the proud smokin' Papa  :D
Did you take the time to see if that French guy knows how to smoke goodies?
What did you say his name was??? Oh Yea Fiance.  ::)
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

muebe

Congrats to you and your daughter ;D

Sounds like the party will be a good time!
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

viper125

Sure hope so! Thank you! I'm also looking for suggestions from my friends here for ideas. Maybe some quick and easy things too. But most will have to be frozen and rewarmed. So let's keep that in mind.
Inside setup.

viper125

Quote from: Up In Smoke on June 09, 2012, 10:51:43 AM

Well names Steve and he hated smoke meats. Untill one of my partys. This boy never ate venison either said it was gamely. Now he devours both. At least mine.
He just returned from Afghanistan and is a sniper and very well trained. He also trains snipers. has awards for martial arts and hand to hand. Lucky for me he's also respectful. Because the only way Id stand a chance is with my gun. LOL
Served in the Marines special forces and then Volunteered for the Army for sniper. Very dangerous man, But kind ,respectful and honorable. I think he'll make a good son in law. At least he Better! LOL
Inside setup.

muebe

Sounds like anything rubbed with gunpowder will be good for him ;)

Give him a personal thank you from me for his service!
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

mikecorn.1

A good easy appetizer/snack I think would be some moink balls.
Simply wrap a meatball of your choice with some bacon, stab'em with a toothpick and grill or you can smoke them. I prefer them grilled as the
Bacon gets happy :)
Congratulations to you and your daughter. :)
Edit: season with some of that House Seasoning your wife loves so much ;) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

viper125

Love Bacon thanks Mike. My wife makes great meatballs. Maybe i'll do some that way, also maybe do some kielbasa and things and wrap in bacon to. Thats an unlimited idea. Thanks again. Should be good frozen and reheated too!
Inside setup.

Up In Smoke

Quote from: viper125 on June 09, 2012, 11:43:13 AM
Quote from: Up In Smoke on June 09, 2012, 10:51:43 AM

Well names Steve and he hated smoke meats. Untill one of my partys. This boy never ate venison either said it was gamely. Now he devours both. At least mine.
He just returned from Afghanistan and is a sniper and very well trained. He also trains snipers. has awards for martial arts and hand to hand. Lucky for me he's also respectful. Because the only way Id stand a chance is with my gun. LOL
Served in the Marines special forces and then Volunteered for the Army for sniper. Very dangerous man, But kind ,respectful and honorable. I think he'll make a good son in law. At least he Better! LOL
An outstanding young man! Please pass along my thanks for his service.
And tell him i was just kidding about that french thingy  :o
Really i was just kidding.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

SiFumar

Congrats to your daughter and future son-in-law!  You must be such a proud dad!

beefmann

congrats to you and your daughter, should be a great event

Quarlow

Congrats to you and yours Viper. You need the recipe for Syracuse Potato's I hear they are very good and are great for parties. someone should be able to provide this recipe for ya.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.