Hello from Winnipeg

Started by Marko723, June 14, 2012, 06:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marko723

Hello, 

Just picked up a BTIS1 and plan to unpack it tonight and start smoking on the weekend.   One of the Canadian retailers had a sale, dropping their regular price by $100, which made me bite the bullet and pick one up.   I was a little disappointed that it wasn't the new model when I got to the store and it took a bit of decision time to finally walk out with it. 

I figured the sale price was worthy of the older model.   Gave my wife the decision of making either pulled pork or beef brisket.... still waiting on her response as she looks though the recipes on the Bradley site. 

Looking forward to my 1st weekend smoke. 

Mark

Kahunas

Hello and welcome Mark,
Your gonna love your new toy. Don't forget to season it before using it and make sure you have fun.
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

mikecorn.1

Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

beefmann

welcome to the forum and enjoy

Smoker John

Welcome to the boards, you'll luv the food coming out of the Bradley
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

sjmcdowall

Just remember -- don't panic!!  :)

MidKnightRider

Welcome to the forum, you'll love it here.
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

slowpoke

Welcome,Don't forget to take some pictures of your smokes.WE like pictures ::) ;D
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

ghost9mm

Hello and welcome to a really great forum...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Marko723

Thanks to everyone for all the welcomes.   Lots of good information on here,  been slowly working my way through the various messages.

Cheers!

Mark

KyNola

Welcome Mark!  If this is your first smoke I would opt for a pork butt as opposed to a brisket.  Butts are very forgiving and pretty much foolproof.

sjmcdowall

Quote from: KyNola on June 15, 2012, 07:19:17 AM
Welcome Mark!  If this is your first smoke I would opt for a pork butt as opposed to a brisket.  Butts are very forgiving and pretty much foolproof.

Or maybe ribs -- that was my first thing in the new BDS -- and they came out fantastic too (plenty of hints/tips on perfect ribs here in the forums)

Marko723

Thanks for the suggestions!   I'll have to wait till I get home to see what my wife picked up at the local butcher.   Looks like this is going to be a hybrid operation this 1st round. 

They are calling for 100% thunder-showers most of the day tomorrow and 40% on Sunday.    So it looks like it might be a Late night Saturday or Sunday smoke job right now. 

If the weather gets iffy, I might  finish it off in the oven inside after the smoking is done.  Depends on what Sunday has in store for me.   

If I end up finishing up in the house, I'll try to keep the temperature low for a nice slow cook. 

Mark

Wazzulu

As long as it is covered it should be fine.  I did a canadian bacon this week heavy rain and lightning.  Welcome and enjoy!

Marko723

Quote from: slowpoke on June 14, 2012, 03:19:04 PM
Welcome,Don't forget to take some pictures of your smokes.WE like pictures ::) ;D

My wife decided on a Beef Brisket for our first smoke.   It's resting in the basement fridge right now.

I'm off to unpack the smoker and season it.   It's pouring rain and only 17C (62F) outside right now.   Weather looks much better for tomorrow's smoke.   Hope to start really early in the morning.

Mark