My 2 Cents

Started by whitetailfan, March 07, 2006, 02:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitetailfan

Found this while looking for some help with my new RV.  Hit home in how we all try to help each other, and <font color="blue">EVEYONE'S</font id="blue"> info is worth hearing.  It was in someones sig line:

<i><b>TWO CENTS WORTH</b>
The story goes that a man died and was approached by the Devil who told him that he could buy his soul back for a dollar. The man searched his pockets and could only come up with 98 cent. While begging the Devil to forget the two cent he was short, an Angel happened by and hearing the Devil laughing, asked the man, "Would you mind if I put in my two cents?" The Devil got so mad that he exploded in a puff of smoke and the man's soul was saved.
<b>The moral</b>: Sometimes putting in your two cents worth makes a difference.</i>

Thanks to everyone who put in their 2 cents worth on my questions over the last couple of years.

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

iceman

Sometimes that two cents that someone puts in saves you a dollar.
One should always take the time and listen to what the two cents has to say. Never close your ears to ones that want to help even when you think they are wrong. Listening is a small price to pay for the tremendous rewards that you may receive. You hit it right on the money whitetailfan. Thanks for putting that out there.[;)]

Phone Guy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by whitetailfan</i>
<br /> my new RV.  

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I am looking for an RV right now. What did you end up with? I am looking at the Forest River Salem 23FBTL. What are your thoughts?
PG

whitetailfan

Hi Phone Guy,
Sorry to mislead you, my "new RV" is a 1988 21.5ft Lynx Prowler 5th wheel.  New to me[;)], and nice upgrade from my 1974 16ft single axle TT.  I get more room for the junior smokers, hot water, shower, and a real awning.  I'm pumped for spring.  Spent too much money of pork butts this year I guess, but new was not in the budget[:(]

I could not find that exact model on a google search.  The forest river website is nice and the pics of the Salems look AWESOME.  I would think you would be happy there.  I am guessing from the model number it is a 23ft Front Bed, cant decipher what the rest of the floorplan is from TL though.

Send me a message with a link to the floorplan and I'd be happy to BS with you about RVs for awhile.[:D]

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.