• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Igrill

Started by Hedlyna, June 18, 2012, 03:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hedlyna

Has anybody used the igrill thermometer? Any thoughts?

mikecorn.1

Be back later. Gonna google it :o
Edit: no never seen it. I use the maverick et732

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Hedlyna

I'm from Keyser (eastern panhandle) are you from west Virginia

Up In Smoke

Yup!
Hurricane, (between Charleston and Huntington)
Although it has been a couple of years since i have been in that area.
I have a nephew that is in law enforcement in Martinsburg.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Hedlyna

Oh cool, I know where Hurricane is. And I was in Martinsburg this past weekend. Any other West Virginians on here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TJSlayer

I have the igrill and used it this weekend for the first time with new smoker, worked excellent, very easy to use and setup. Only tried the new igrill pro app but worked great. Very happy with it

BAM1

I got one for X-mas and have used it at least 10 plus. In fact I have it on a bacon run right now at 17 hours and counting.  Have compared it to my Maverick and temps are right on!  I have the deluxe, or whatever it's called with the two probes.  The one thing I have noticed is the first battery is on it's last 25% but I have done two 26 hour bacon runs and a couple of overnight butts.
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

dirt1008

I'm pretty interested in this igrill. Did you guys buy it online or is there retail stores where you can pick it up? Also wanna say hello my fellow West Virginians!, I'm from Parkersburg

Tenpoint5

Doesn't work with android devices
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Quote from: dirt1008 on March 14, 2013, 05:12:52 PM
I'm pretty interested in this igrill. Did you guys buy it online or is there retail stores where you can pick it up? Also wanna say hello my fellow West Virginians!, I'm from Parkersburg

Bradley has them on their Home Page under accessories.

BAM1

Hey 10.5, buy an IPAD. You know what they say, once you go MAC, you never go back.  My IGRILL rocks.
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

Tenpoint5

Quote from: BAM1 on March 14, 2013, 07:54:37 PM
Hey 10.5, buy an IPAD. You know what they say, once you go MAC, you never go back.  My IGRILL rocks.

You got that money tree in your yard. You get the new one and give me your old one!! ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

smoker pete

I love using my iGrill ... one of the features is graphing and it allows you to email yourself the graph which I'm starting to incorporate in my Blog posts.  Here's what it looks like when SWMBO allows me to use her iPad  ;D ;)

I still verify the meat IT with my Thermopen thermometer just like when I'm using my ET-732s or the MAK temp probes.  Over time I have learned to rely and trust my 'Pink' Thermopen as the gospel ... the other probes get me in the neighborhood and allows me to monitor things remotely.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

Consiglieri

Hi all.  Haven't been here in a while, but thought the Bradley Family would have something to say about the iGrill.  I was considering purchasing the item, but then saw a bunch of reviews complaining about failed probes, dropped connections, poor range, and poor battery life.

I've had probe problems with the Maverick before, and have just accepted that the wear and tear is limited, but the reviews on iGrill probes complained about failures after 1 or 2 uses sometimes. 

Any thoughts? 
Consiglieri

glwood006

I just got mine on Tuesday. I bought it against hearing all the bad reviews. Worked awesome on a roast on my weber kettle. The range was good enough for where I go. I didn't test the max range but will this weekend.