• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Just curious

Started by Up In Smoke, June 21, 2012, 06:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up In Smoke

Hey guys,
My father was a radio man in the navy.
He is involved in ham radio quite heavily.
(he is blind and still is involved with search and rescue stuff  :D)
SO i decided to give the ham stuff a try, i have been studying for about 40 hours now, and am going saturday to test for my technician license and my general license (i think i am ready for both).
My question is......are there any members here that are involved in amateur radio?
if so, where?
I have never been involved with it before so i figured i would check here for fun.

Not that i have the nerve to put my voice out for the whole world to hear..........

Just Curious.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

mikecorn.1

Not here :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

mikecorn.1

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

3rensho

I used to be a ham but gave it up as other things took up more time.  Do they still require a Morse code test?  I never got over 20 wpm and just stuck to cw.

73's
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Alanfromwis

Hi up in smoke,
  Congrats and good luck on your upcomming tests. Have been a ham since 1976 with some activity on and off, but didn't allow my license to laps. Still get on 75 meters quite often since retiring. Also good luck on food smoking.
  alanfromwis
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday

squirtthecat

Kool Kooker For KIO!  (ok, not so much..)

Tiny Tim

Krispy Kremes 4 Kicking It Obesely. :D

Alanfromwis

Congrats on KK4KIO, & welcome to ham radio along with your smoke cooking. When you get on the air from North Georgia maybe we can get together on 20, 15, or 10 meters. 6 meters is open at times also between us. By the way my call is N9CE.
alanfromwis
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday

Tenpoint5

Sounds more like a radio station call sign but hows about KK4 Kick It ON
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!