• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Old Style Lebanon Sweet Bologna

Started by NePaSmoKer, June 26, 2012, 09:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Doing 3.5 lbs of easy old style lebanon sweet bologna.

Here is the basic mix.

cure
clear karo
buckwheat flour
your fav bologna mix
water

Mixed last night cuz didnt have enuff time yesterday.

Got a couple cloth bags wet and ready.

Stuffing time.

Got my 6 rack pre heated to 130. Really no need to let the chubs hang to dry the cloth bags. Got my AMZNPS smoking with apple.

BBL

Tenpoint5

You got a good start going on that bologna
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

IdaSmoker

NePa, could you be more specific on your ingredients and quantities?  I have been trying to find the perfect Lebanon bologna recipe but none of the recipes I've tried have been that good.  Also, are you using any lactic acid bacteria starter cultures, and if so, which one?  Thanks.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: IdaSmoker on June 26, 2012, 02:28:48 PM
NePa, could you be more specific on your ingredients and quantities?  I have been trying to find the perfect Lebanon bologna recipe but none of the recipes I've tried have been that good.  Also, are you using any lactic acid bacteria starter cultures, and if so, which one?  Thanks.

To use a starter culture you need a fermentation environment of 80* My fermenting dry cure fridge is down right now.

NePaSmoKer

NePaSmoKer

Finally done. I do all my sausage full time in the smoker. Dont water bath these cloth chubs if you make them.

Pulled at an IT of 150 and right into the fridge hang for couple days.

Sam3

Mmmmm. Looking forward to the sliced shots!  ;D

NePaSmoKer

Had to cut today.

Small chub

Peel away clean

Large chub with another clean peel.

Going to slice and take with us this weekend.

SamuelG

Awesome looking!

I'm sue they taste even better.
SamuelG

sjmcdowall

IdaSmoker

NePaSmoker, is your aversion to posting your recipes because you are selling commercially?  If not, then what's the reason?  I find it difficult to duplicate your endeavors when I have nothing to go by.  Your sausages always look great but I sure wish you would be more open to providing your ingredients and amounts.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: IdaSmoker on July 01, 2012, 12:50:02 PM
NePaSmoker, is your aversion to posting your recipes because you are selling commercially?  If not, then what's the reason?  I find it difficult to duplicate your endeavors when I have nothing to go by.  Your sausages always look great but I sure wish you would be more open to providing your ingredients and amounts.

Selling without a USDA Stamp will get you a $100k fine and up to 5 years in the brig  :o

Its a secret receipt  :o

IdaSmoker

Selling without a USDA Stamp will get you a $100k fine and up to 5 years in the brig  :o

[/quote]

So you are selling your sausage, or at least that's what I assume.  Anyway, I appreciate your feedback and will tend to stay at sausage making forums that actually share recipes for others to try and evaluate.  You can keep your secrets and misspellings.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: IdaSmoker on July 01, 2012, 02:29:13 PM

So you are selling your sausage, or at least that's what I assume.  Anyway, I appreciate your feedback and will tend to stay at sausage making forums that actually share recipes for others to try and evaluate.  You can keep your secrets and misspellings.
[/quote]

Just a few words.

Whatever you wanna think.

KyNola

Oh hell no.  This isn't going unchallenged.  Idasmoker, NePaSmoker is much too nice of a guy but I'm not.  First thing you need to know is, NePaS sells absolutely nothing, commercially or personally.  He does on the other hand makes sausages, sticks, jerky and all kind of goodies and gives it all away.  He also makes pounds and pounds of jerky and sticks and ships it to his sons and their comrades who are stationed in Afghanistan.  He is the most generous guy on the forum, including sharing all of his "receipts" which is a long time running joke that came from another new jerk who hounded NePaS for a recipe but kept spelling recipe "receipt" but you wouldn't know that because you didn't get to know anyone on this forum or introduce yourself to us.

You know nothing about NePaS because you blew in here approximately 3 weeks ago with 5 whole posts, all of them asking for recipes.  Hanging out on the sausage making forums is nothing like being a member of this forum, for you see, we are much more than just a forum to share recipes.  We are a family.  By the way, you failed to mention what kind of smoker you have.  Typically that's the first thing new members of this forum do.  So....what kind of smoker do you have?

My sincere apologies to the members of the forum but this simply doesn't float with me.  If the administrators of the forum feel that they need to delete this post I will understand.