• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Original BS or stainless steel??

Started by smokin stu, March 11, 2006, 05:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokin stu

I have an original BS and it works wonders.  My friends wife has seen the light and wants to buy him one for his birthday.  She asked me some good questions:  Why is there an original and a stainless steel version, what are the advantages of one over the other and is it worth the extra $100 for the SSBS?  I can not come up with an answer by myself on this, so please give me your thoughts so I can pass them on to her.

Thanks,`

nsxbill

The stainless is pretty.  The SS is pretty darn cheap SS material.  A magnet sticks to the case, if that is a clue.  I used a little SS clearning lotion on one of my SS models, and now it has a bit of a rusty cast to its finish.  Learning from that, I just use soap and water on the other one, and it has been fairing a bit better.  I store outside on covered deck year round.  I thought they would be easier to clean in SS.  Pretty much a matter of preference.  Which one do you want to look at.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

stu, the stainless looks good but a pain to keep clean, my wife bought me the stainless and if i had to buy another one i would buy the black, also i am thinking of buying a black replacement door to put on my ss smoker,

Oldman

Why not wait until the new line comes out. The point should be moot then.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

smokin stu

Oldman,

When is the new line coming out and is there a sneak peek web site?  You know how it is, he wants one....  NOW[:p]

Can't blame hime really[:D]

manxman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">When is the new line coming out<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Have a look at

www.bradleysmoker.co.uk/products/smoker/digital.htm

with regards to the new model, they are due around May/June 2006 apparently. 110V US model will be identical to the 240V UK model other than voltage requirements.

I have the SS model and keep it clean by wiping down with soapy water on a damp cloth and occasionally give it a wipe over with a lightly oiled cloth, 18 months old,still looks good and more importantly no rust despite using in damp conditions often.

Difference between the current two models is only cosmetic, I would be inclined to do as Olds suggests and consider the new model to spend the extra $'s on.

Having said that, I can understand the need to want it NOW![}:)]

Manxman.
Manxman

smokin stu

Looked at the link and that looks like its worth the wait to get one of the 108 liter digital BS's in terms of capacity, but would depend on the price difference.

I will encourage the purchase of an original BS, as I will be insanely jealous if he ends up with one of the new wizbang models.[;)]  For real, I will give them this web link and they can figure it out.  

Thanks for all the info.