• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Jerky question.

Started by Hedlyna, July 01, 2012, 04:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hedlyna

I love the wild Bill's "from the jar" jerky. Does anybody know of a recipe/method close to that. I've never made jerky before so any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Hedlyna on July 01, 2012, 04:58:54 AM
I love the wild Bill's "from the jar" jerky. Does anybody know of a recipe/method close to that. I've never made jerky before so any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Bout 18 years ago i met WildBill at the Harrisburg, PA sportsmans show. Nice guy until i told him what i do then it was like ok get away from me and no questions. I think since then a large company has bought him.

His recipe is just a smokehouse flavor. Mine and im sure your is far better than his.

Im packing to move again but i do have the recipe somewhere i will find and post.

Hedlyna

Thanks NePa

kwast

Bump!

hi guys! ive been searching and searching for a smokehouse flavor aswell, there are a number of truckstops, cornerstores around here that have a great tasting thin tender and salty jerky. It all tastes the same and the stores seem to get it in bulk, unpackaged.  Ive been trying to get close to it but its tough to duplicate.  (everyone around here seems to compare all jerky to the jerky from this place)

found this post here and was wondering, Nepa if you found the recipe you are talking about.

Thanks!

KyNola

As this is your first post, welcome to the Forum!  Try looking in the jerky section of the Forum for all kinds of jerky recipes.

Keymaster

Wish I had that recipe about an hour ago, Just put 6# of hand sliced top round into some Lem brine mixture for an overnite soak.

viper125

Always preferred home made my self. And when i carry into the woods, to a lake or even hiking I prefer to have 3-4 kinds.  But can tell you there are many fine recipes here.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

steve-o

Not sure what "bill's" jerky tastes like but Big John T gave me his recipe when i was starting out and it was good

http://gnipsel.com/recipes/jerky/soy-jerky.html