Jan's butt all Jacked Up

Started by Scotty Dog, July 02, 2012, 11:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty Dog

Rubbed good and heavy with Jan's rub and a little twist of my own.

Wrapped the butt real good with plastic wrap and plumped that bad boy with some sweet Jack.  Going to let is soak all night in the fridge and in the smoker in the morning with whiskey oak and maple.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

mikecorn.1

Looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Sailor

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Scotty Dog

I did one with Yukon and one without.  I could not tell a difference in taste.  The injected one took an extra 2 hours to come up to temp and was a little more moist, however, I would save the Liqueur for the cook and enjoy the Butt the traditional way.

Consooger

Quote from: Scotty Dog on July 11, 2012, 11:10:19 AM
I did one with Yukon and one without.  I could not tell a difference in taste.  The injected one took an extra 2 hours to come up to temp and was a little more moist, however, I would save the Liqueur for the cook and enjoy the Butt the traditional way.

I did one similar to this a while back and didn't care for it as much either. Mine was a bit mushy and the taste really wasn't all there. Like you said about yours it sook an extra 2-3 hours for mine to finish. Salt lick clone and molasses, THAT IS ALL!!!!
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife