duck/pheasant

Started by winemakers, March 15, 2006, 09:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winemakers

Gentlemen,

I have the good fortune to have some duck and pheasant gettin' old in the freezer.  Pounded the breasts a little to flatten, spread some crumbled feta, liberal salt and pepper, placed matching breast on top and wrapped in what else but bacon.

about 1 hour at 200 deg to internal of 145, and finished on a medium low grill to crisp the bacon.

I believe I have selected what I would have for my last meal.  

mld

bubbagump

Sounds absolutely awesome Winemakers. Thanks for sharing. [:)]

Bubbagump

jaeger

winemakers,
Looks like a great recipe. You should post it on Olds recipe site and enter a chance at iceman's generous offer. I have heard that the bbq sauce that he has included in this give away is outstanding.[:p]

<font size="2"><b>Doug</b></font id="size2">

MallardWacker

Never thought of doing that, the two piece thing.  That lends itself to a lot of variations...good idea.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br />Never thought of doing that, the two piece thing.  That lends itself to a lot of variations...good idea.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Why settle for one piece if you can have two[;)][:D]
That's not a good idea...that's a <font color="red">GREAT</font id="red"> idea.

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

iceman

That is an outstanding recipe winemakers. Get that posted in the contest so everyone can try it. Got any spare quackers for us poor starving pigmies in Alaska MallardWacker?[:o)] Just kidding (about the pigmie part).[:D]
Doug; send me an e-mail with your address, I have something to send down to you for an "unbiased opinion".