• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Load of Chubs going

Started by Sailor, July 08, 2012, 08:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

Yesterday afternoon I mixed up 8 pounds of 85/15 GB and 2 pounds of ground pork butt.  Then poured the wet mix in and got it all good and happy and put in a sealed container and put in the fridge overnight.  This morning got the chubs stuffed and into the Bradley at 130 for an hr to dry.  Will be bumping 10 degrees every two hrs to max cabinet temp of 175 and IT of 152.  They just got dry and now ready to roll 4 hrs of Hickory.  No pics of the mixing or stuffing. BBL

Ready for the smoke

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

mikecorn.1

Mike

Tenpoint5

Nice Start Sailor. Going to be starting some bacon later today myself pulled the wrong package out of the freezer and plopped it in the water to thaw. Thought it was a package of cured it wasn't
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Sailor

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 08, 2012, 10:45:03 AM
Nice Start Sailor. Going to be starting some bacon later today myself pulled the wrong package out of the freezer and plopped it in the water to thaw. Thought it was a package of cured it wasn't
BACON! Someone said BACON  ;D

Sailor

The 4 hours of Hickory just ended.  IT is 132 as i just put the probe in to monitor it.  These may take a bit of time. 

Put a nice color to the chubs.

NePaSmoKer

MMMMMM

I wanna need some dat.

Im getting the sausage making withdrawls  :o

devo

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on July 09, 2012, 05:57:31 PM
MMMMMM

I wanna need some dat.

Im getting the sausage making withdrawls  :o

Yes I hate to say it but I think our friend Rick is in a bad way

Kevin A

Nice chubs ya got there, Sailor!  ;D

Seeing those hanging in the smoker lights a fire under me to make some SS soon!

Kevin

cobra6223

Very nice job Sailor!! with all these posts I'm seeing man do I have alot of catching up to do.
Tim

pikeman_95

Nice job Sailor. Nice tight stuffing job and even smoke coverage. You guys are starting to drive me nuts. I can't play with my toys yet. No lifting. "Crap" OH well I still can watch others do nice work.
Kirby

Sailor

Photo of the chubs as they came out of the ice bath and were blooming

Been in the fridge for 2 days

Took the Baby chub out and took a few slices.  Left the casing on but it lifts right off.  Will vac seal them later today.

watchdog56

SNIPERS215

Mmm... Looks delish !! Oh... Damnit I just drooled on my shirt. Clean up in aisle 2 !!
YOUR BIGGEST ADVERSARY... HIDES IN THE MIRROR

rajzer

Just add a bit of rye bread, a bit of cheese, a Polish pickle and you're in heaven!  (And a shot of Luksusowa would elevate you a bit higher).

OU812

Great lookin SS Jim,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I could eat a bunch of that right about now.